PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO by itself

marvin salud
02-15-2003, 09:49 AM
I noticed that Klasse AIO is almost exclusively used as a paint cleaner before putting SG on. I was wondering if any of you has AIO by itself and how long it lasted. How did it look? thanks.

Jngrbrdman
02-15-2003, 03:39 PM
AIO all by itself still looks better than nothing mainly because it just cleaned your paint better than it probably has been cleaned in years. All by itself it isn`t much of a protectant though. SG is the protectant and is what really makes it look good. You could put SG on the car all by itself if you really wanted to. Its best to apply it to a clean surface and AIO is a great product to use to clean the surface. It doesn`t have fillers in it and does allow some degree of protection so its not really going to do much for your swirls but it will look better than nothing.

AIO goes on so quickly and easily that its worth it to go ahead with the next step and get some SG or there. I don`t know how long it would bead water on your car though. That would be the only way you would be able to tell if it was gone or not. Its not going to leave a knock your socks off shine but it will look pretty good.

F1Crazy
02-15-2003, 08:54 PM
I think that AIO will outlast most of carnauba waxes. I did friend a favor and clayed his car and then put 1 coat of AIO with PC. His car was never well cared for and I was truly surprised what difference AIO made, it was beading water like crazy for good few weeks.

schoi
02-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Having seen the results of AIO, AIO + P21S, and AIO + SG + P21S, I`ve gotta go w/ the gingerbread man in saying that you`re better off using SG afterwards. Of course, AIO is damn near a Godsend, and I love it and how it does w/ the paint, but they are the Klasse twins, you know? I just went SMR + AIO + SG (and took off that retarded dealer badge... fu*#ing double sided tape) on my black car today, all by hand... looking at the finish after each, I`ve definitely gotta tell you, use the SG.

As far as durability goes, I dunno, but I don`t think it`d be that long. My rough, rough guess would be around the length of some of the most durable carnaubas.

marvin salud
02-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks for all the info. I am trying to develop an express detail type sevice for my side business in detailing. I figured that AIO with a carnauba topper would be a good way of doing things. I plan on using SG, but those would be only for full details.

CharlesW
02-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by millikan

I figured that AIO with a carnauba topper would be a good way of doing things.

S100 over AIO makes for a great carnauba combination.

Platinum UPP over AIO makes a great sealant combination.

All of these products are easy on, easy off and don`t leave white residue on trim or in the cracks and crevices.

AIO seems to be one of those products that no one ever bad mouths.

Charles

shaf
02-17-2003, 02:15 PM
I`m not sure if I`d use SG if I had even a casual business because of how picky it can be and how long it can take to do. I`ve noticed that in most detailing businesses regular waxes or cleaner waxes are used because there`s less worrying about "what`s on top of what" like there is with a sealant/wax Autopian Special. Also, I think the customers tend to be fairly regular and will come in every couple of months so any superior durability of sealants isn`t as important. Last, you can`t use a glaze under AIO, which is probably a step that really helps reduce small imperfections and makes a fresh detail job look really good for a while. Unless you take a lot of care (ie, time) to get the paint really perfect I`m not sure AIO/S100 would look quite as impressive as a glaze (or GEPC) with S100 for what are somewhat "quickie details".

nate010753
02-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Will GEPC or AIO remove existing sealants?

I use blackfire GEP and PP and was curious about using GEPC and S100 combination for quick details during the summer months. So would doing this strip off the existing sealants?

F1Crazy
02-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by dengsxr

Will GEPC or AIO remove existing sealants?

I use blackfire GEP and PP and was curious about using GEPC and S100 combination for quick details during the summer months. So would doing this strip off the existing sealants?

Yes, they both will remove any sealants or waxes.