PDA

View Full Version : Klasse vs. Klasse topped with s100 vs. s100 vs Einszett IN THE SNOW!

samiam513
02-14-2003, 04:53 PM
News says were gettin a foot this weekend. So I figured this would be the best time to do a test!

I stripped the paint with 3m Wax remover. Then I taped 3 lines down the hood to make 4 sections. After this I went to my supply room and got what I wanted to test. Klasse AIO with SG, Klasse AIO, SG, and s100, S100 Shine Ehancing Cleanser with s100 paste over it, and Einszett Paint Polish with Einszett Glanz Wax over it.

Every thing was applied with it`s own Applicator, and buffed with it`s own MF. I did this so no one could say there was contamination.

1st I applied AIO to the left two sections of the 4 section hood. I did it per directions, and buffed each section with it`s own MF. Then I did s100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser and buffed with its own my, and finally Einszet Paint polish with its own applicator and MF.

I looked and there was little differance in the three (2 AIO, s100, and 1Z) Klasse felt the slickest with Einszett in a close second, and s100 third.

I then Applied Klasse SG per directions to the left two sections. Let it sit for 41 minuites and then buffed off with a clean MF. The both felt the same (wonder why? :nixweiss ) I applied s100 per directions. Wipe on, wipe off and buffed with a clean MF. I applied Glanz wax with its own app. and let it sit for 15 minutes. Buffed off and compared.

I waited an hour and applied s100 over the SG on the middle left section.

Looks were about the same at this point. All had great reflections of the garage door above. The slickness with to the Einszett. Klasse (with no s100) was a very close 2nd, and both sections with the s100 on the top were the same feel (tied for third).

I decided to see which one repelled water the best. I went inside and got a pitched of warm water and poured an equal amount on all 4 sections. The were all pretty equal on this area.

When I took the tape off, I could see differances in the waxed and un-waxed sections. Klasse darkenedthe paint more than any of them. I kinda like that becasue it make my truck look more cherry red.

Drove to the meat market at 50 MPH and all of the water on all 4 sections came back at the windshield pretty well. Few spots were left when i got back home.

So far, I am tied between Klasse, and Einszett. Dunno which one I like more at this point. My brother prefers the Einszett. He`s partially color blind though (worse than me) so he can only tell soo much.

The real test will come this weekend when I get this truck salty! I am planning on leaving the salt on until the 22nd, or a couple days before that.

I wonder which one will retain it`s properties the best? I am going for Klasse, with Einszett in a close 2nd then s100 and K. and finally s100.

Picturesto come later tonight after I grill my steak and g back out in the cold.

CharlesW
02-14-2003, 05:05 PM
WOW!

What an undertaking for this time of year. It will be very interesting to read your thoughts on the results.

Also, I think you might need some psychiatric help??;)

Charles

drewski59
02-14-2003, 07:34 PM
What an interesting test!!:xyxthumbs

Can`t wait until the pictures!

:wavey

samiam513
02-14-2003, 09:48 PM
All of them on the hood in their sections..

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/646-1681-50592.jpg

Wet hood

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/646-1681-50593.jpg

Kinda cut the plain klasse out... sorry.

samiam513
02-14-2003, 09:52 PM
individual reflections here...

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=1681

didn`t want to waste bandwith.

imported_jgv
02-17-2003, 07:15 PM
:bounce :bounce :bounce

Tomorrow I`ll be visited by a 1Z sellsman, I can buy those products from them not having to spend $$$ in ship and taxes :xyxthumbs

samiam513
02-17-2003, 07:33 PM
UPDATE

It has snowed the last two days. 2.5 feet.

Tommorrow I will venture out in my truck to get it nice n salty. The Hood is covered, so I can not say if one let the snow slide off.

imported_jgv
02-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Today I received some samples of 1Z products, among them that wax. Funny to me is the fact that both polish and the wax you`ve used has silicone on their composition. Doesn`t it mater?

F1Crazy
02-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Funny to me is the fact that both polish and the wax you`ve used has silicone on their composition. Doesn`t it mater?

Most of the products on the market contain silicone, nothing wrong with that, it`s the type of the silicone that matters. You can do a search on silicone and you`ll get more info.

imported_jgv
02-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Here`s my first test with 1Z Glanz Wax. My new 18" wheels kept in the garage wainting for protection (waxing). There`s one detailed and the other not.

imported_jgv
02-19-2003, 05:42 PM
See the diference?

imported_jgv
02-19-2003, 05:45 PM
The shine...

ashsarna
02-20-2003, 01:19 PM
samiam513, Great test. I really like to see how Einszett competes in durability with the klasse.

jgv, yummy rims!! Einszett worked nicely.