PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Anthony Orosco

Pages : [1] 2

Auto Care USA
02-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Congratulations fellow autopian for your recent article in the Professional Carwashing and Detailing Magazine. Anthony operates a detail shop in San Antonio Texas. He owns Ultimate Reflections and details many Doctor`s vehicles.

Jngrbrdman
02-13-2003, 11:31 PM
Wow! That is pretty impressive. Congrats Anthony! Well done! I`m sure you deserved it! Any chance of getting the article reprinted on Autopia for us?

Scottwax
02-13-2003, 11:37 PM
Which issue? I don`t see it in the latest one I have (Febuary).

Auto Care USA
02-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Feb 2003 issue Page 74. "The Detailer The Doctor`s Trust"

Scottwax
02-13-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Auto Care USA

Feb 2003 issue Page 74. "The Detailer The Doctor`s Trust"

:cool: Thanks, I found it. Pretty interesting way to get into detailing! All that over an earache.

BTW, is it just me or does he look like Howard Stern? ;)

Anthony O.
02-14-2003, 12:29 AM
Hey thanks guys for the congrats. I appreciate that.

And YES....I get the Howard Stern comment ALL the time. In elevators, fast food drive thru windows, computer store and in the hallways of the hospitals.

We went to Fiesta Texas last year and people thought I was Mr. Stern and some even waved to me. My wife gets a kick out of it until a girl wants to show me her.....well.....goods! :D

As I have said before and in other forums, I think I need to charge Howard for using my likeness.

Happy Detailing all,

Anthony "Sternman" Orosco

imported_Intel486
02-14-2003, 12:45 AM
Congrats on the article!

I`m actually kind of nervous to do detailing for my doctors, what if I mess up their car and then they are doing surgery on me and... :D

Anthony O.
02-14-2003, 12:52 AM
Intel,

LOL, that gave me a good chuckle. I related a story on another board where this doctor tried to tell me how to detail his car and what products I should be using on it. I stopped him mid sentence and said...."Listen, I am the professional in this area. You don`t see me telling you how to best perfrom heart surgery do you? You save lives and I`ll detail your car"

He handed me the keys and went to saving lives.

All of my doctors are great folks, some are very good personal friends and I have not had to pay for anything medical in the last ten years. Not a bad perk! :up

Anthony

Scottwax
02-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

All of my doctors are great folks, some are very good personal friends and I have not had to pay for anything medical in the last ten years. Not a bad perk! :up

Anthony

One of my long term customers is a doctor and other than lab work, I nor my kids has paid anything for medical care since I started doing his cars. Tips well at Christmas, too. He also pays for approximately 6 months in advance so I don`t have to wait on him after finishing if he is in with a patient.

Agreed, it is a great perk!

Anthony O.
02-14-2003, 01:09 AM
Hey all,

Scottwax just reminded me of something. I just had a cardiovascular doctor move from San Antonio to Johnson city in Tennesse. he is looking for a detailer to care for his Black Range Rover. If anyone knows of a good, dependable detailer in the Tri-City area please contact me at UltRef@aol.com

Thanks guys

Anthony

PS. Scott,

I have a few doc`s that pay me up front, which is great until that money is spent and I still have to do their cars 3 more times until I get paid again :mad:

imported_edschwab1
02-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Congrats Anthony!!!

Here is a link to the article.

2003 Dream Team (http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6633386)

Eric

thevolvoguy
02-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Congratulations Anthony, thats an excellent accomplishment!

Wow you do look like Howard Stern :D

DaGonz
02-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

\

We went to Fiesta Texas last year and people thought I was Mr. Stern and some even waved to me. My wife gets a kick out of it until a girl wants to show me her.....well.....goods! :D

And that is a bad thing? :xyxthumbs :D

Lowejackson
02-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Congratulations on the article :up

But who is Howard Stern :nixweiss

Steven

Kleanride
02-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

Congratulations on the article :up

But who is Howard Stern :nixweiss

Steven

Howard is a radio show host in New York. Probably the most famous in the US. He also hosts a TV show where he get plenty of, um, attractive young ladies to do bizzare things....

Overall, you ain`t missin` much.