PDA

View Full Version : looking for information. please help

ALOPEZ13
02-13-2003, 10:38 AM
CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A GOOD PRODUCT FOR THE WINDOW OUT-SEAL. IT WAS LEFT UNTREATED AND I KNOW HAVE SOMEKIND OF BLACKS DOTS OF DIRT STUCK ON THE SEAL AND DOES NOT COME OUT WITH REGULAR SOAP AND WATER. IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD QUALITY PRODUCT. PRICE IS NO PROBLEM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Accumulator
02-13-2003, 12:22 PM
ALOPEZ13- Welcome to Autopia! Could you please clarify your inquiry a bit? I take it you mean the rubber seal surrounding the window glass so I`m wondering what kind of black dots you`d have noticed on the black rubber. If this IS what you`re talking about, I`d clean them with Griot`s Rubber Cleaner (or something similar), and treat it with BMW`s Gummi Pflege (sp?) or Wurth`s product (it`s like a big Chapstick, forget the name).

Oh, and someone`s gonna ask that you loose the all-caps (shouting); "never mind" if it`s just how your system posts.

imported_Luster
02-13-2003, 12:25 PM
If you`re referring to the rubber trim, I use Meguiar`s Gold Class Trim Detailer.

It leaves the surface dry, with a satin finish. More coats give it a semi-gloss look. It brings back the nice black finish to all rubber trim.

http://store4.yimg.com/I/rodi_1726_24885040