PDA

View Full Version : Dollorama MF Review

aljo
02-12-2003, 07:09 PM
I went to my local Dollarama today and found out they have MF`s in stock! I purchased 8 of them and here is my review!

The Front Reads:

Simons MicroFibre General Cleaning Cloth

32cm x 32cm

No chemicals required

Machine Washable

Use again and again!

Non-scratch, streek-free clean

100% MicroFibre

The Rear Reads:

Simons Microfibre cloths are made from the finest of fibres. This allows the to attract and hold dirt, dust and hair. Microfibres are so effective on their own that there is no need to use chemicals or polishes.

Made in China

The CD Test

It passed! I took a silver on silver blank cd and wiped the cd and there were no scratches. I then put about 20lbs of weight on it and then rubbed it again. It left a barely noticable micro-scratch.

My Review:

Though i`ve only taken them out of the packages and have not used them yet, for one dollar they are great! These towels would be great for door jams, windows and interior trim pieces. However I would stick with the higher quality MF`s for my paint finish. They aren`t as plush as JT International`s MF`s either. They also have NO sewn on tags or any stickers which is a plus!

Picture:

Mmmph
02-12-2003, 07:22 PM
32cm x 32cm = 8" x 8"?

aljo
02-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Mmmph

32cm x 32cm = 8" x 8"?

32cm = 12.60in

I forgot to mentions these MF towels are smaller than ususal!!!

Pats300zx
02-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Those look like some that were similar to ones I picked up at a local dollar store. They came in a 3 pack though. They were pretty small but won`t be bad for windows and such.

Still have to stick with my Pakshak towels for QDing and wax removal though. :D

shaf
02-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Sigh... wish I could find stuff like this around here. For $1 Canadian they`re a great deal even if they are like 30% smaller. If not for your car, at least for around the house.

How are they for linting Bizzy?

aljo
02-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Sigh... wish I could find stuff like this around here. For $1 Canadian they`re a great deal even if they are like 30% smaller. If not for your car, at least for around the house.

How are they for linting Bizzy?

I haven`t washed or used them yet. But I will update when I do!

Since you live in Canada, i`m sure your local Dollar Shops will be getting some in soon.

Or I would be happy to get them for you, open them and then ship them to you. (Save on weight)

Chuckmotor
02-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Those look similiar to the new ones at Wal-Mart. Probably not the same ones, though. I`m waxing a friend`s car this weekend so I`ll use them then and write up what I think about the Wally World MF for use on paint.