PDA

View Full Version : Leather damage...

certificate
02-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Hey there. I drive a 96 integra, with newly installed 99 leather seats. I picked up the seats @ a great price, but there is one problem - on the passenger side bolster (close to the door) there is some minor cracking. I have treated the leather, but I am wondering - is there anything I can use to hide the white cracks I see? Any type of dye, or leather treatement that is designed to help with this?

Lemme know,

Appreciate it.

imported_Aurora40
02-11-2003, 08:14 AM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=171511&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Search for "leather repair". Note the one by Clint called "leather dye pictures".

Jngrbrdman
02-11-2003, 10:22 AM
I have the exact same identical problem on my 99 Integra seats. Leatherique is going to be your only solution. I`ve tried everything else. Keep the leather well conditioned until you can get some Leatherique.

Nice to see you made it over here. :xyxthumbs Welcome!

certificate
02-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Quite obsessed w/ detailing - so I don`t know why I didn`t come here sooner.

I will look for leatherique. I just hate the look of these side bolsters, was considering removing the seats, removing those bolsters, and re-sewing in some perforated italian leather ones.

Jngrbrdman
02-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Leatherique is going to be the easiest fix. Check out leather repair shops in the area. Its kind of expensive for just one area like the one you are having problems with. You may be able to find a shop that can do the repair for you.

There is a great thread around here somewhere that shows the before and after. I can`t remember who post it though. Do a search on Leatherique here and see if it pops up. :)

edit: Ah, here it is. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14278 Aurora was pointing you in the right direction all along. :xyxthumbs :bow

certificate
02-11-2003, 03:09 PM
I will try and find a leather repair shop. Leatherique might cost the same as a new piece (or slightly less, in which case, I would rather just get better leather for the high traffic areas).

I wonder - my mom is a tailor, she could probably do a really accurate job in replacing it, using her heavy duty sewing machine and a new piece of italian leather. I will see if thats possible.

Jngrbrdman
02-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Leatherique really isn`t that expensive. Definitely look into repairing it before you try and replace it. Its a comon problem with Honda leather from what I`ve heard. Did you look at Clinton`s thread? Is that the kind of damage you have?

certificate
02-11-2003, 05:20 PM
What I saw in there is EXACTLY what I have, only on a smaller scale. The leatherique I saw was around 110 USD... thats about 170.00+ Canadian, so I would definetly like to try something else before spending that kinda dollars, unless I have to.

disasnguy
02-11-2003, 10:56 PM
I read a post earlier today about Leather Magic. Do a search on that see if it helps. The guy that used it said that it only costed him 35 + 8 dollar shipping.

ESP
02-11-2003, 11:11 PM
I have used Leatherique on my 88 BMW cabrio seats and it worked extremely well, their dye was a perfect match for the factory color, and they were there for questions and answers during my restoration process.