PDA

View Full Version : What are the best polymer sealants?

Pages : [1] 2

msanta
08-03-2004, 03:13 PM
What polymer sealants do you recommend, where can you find them in the NY area and how to use them? Thanks...

Bill D
08-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Poorboy`s brand is located in NY but I dont know if you can physically go and purchase. Also another physical location in the NY area is Zaino in Howell, NJ. As for the majority of sealants, you must purchase them online.

JaredPointer
08-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Since you are in NY, you should see if you could get the Poorboy`s sealants. Support a sponsor and a local business. EX-P and EX are higly recommended by almost everyone at DC.

Boss_429
08-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Well, if you are looking for a good sealant that you can find locally, I would say that Meguiar`s NXT should be your first choice, as it is available almost "everywhere". :D If you decide to order online, products like 4* Ultimate Paint Protection, Poorboy`s EX-P, Klasse AIO/SG, Zaino, and a couple others should be considered.

l33
08-03-2004, 05:55 PM
take a look at FMJ, a little pricey but will last a loooooong time. Plenty of bang for the buck. Best looks/durability/ease of use combo i`ve ever used.

Bill D
08-03-2004, 06:00 PM
I33,

Im real interested about FMJ, how long have you had it on your car?

l33
08-03-2004, 06:10 PM
i had it on for around 4 months before i did a full detail again, not because it showed any signs of letting up, just because i wanted to detail it. I does loose the initial slickness pretty quickly, but it looks so good. It truly is an awsome product, very very easy to work with. If you have any interest in it i highly recommend it.

Bill, i`ve seen your product collection, i`m suprised you haven`t tried it already.

msanta
08-03-2004, 06:36 PM
I am new with this products, what is FMJ? and where is Poorboy`s located? I can`t wait to use one of these sealants!

l33
08-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Poorboy`s is located in rockland county NY, probably a 45min drive from you. FMJ is Menzerna`s sealant (not made by them but licensed to use their name) - http://www.properautocare.com/menzernafmj.html

groebuck
08-03-2004, 10:19 PM
www.premiumautocare.com - 4 Star Platinum UPP and Klasse AIO - awesome combo and sooooo easy to use. You can get the Menzerna kit there too (whole kit is a great deal 70 bucks approx but you get 16 oz bottles of the car wash, the polish, the glaze and Full Molecular Jacket, some mf applicators, some mf towels and a polishing cloth!)..and that kit should last you years!

Intel486
08-03-2004, 11:08 PM
My vote goes out to EX-P or Klasse SG. Both excellent synthetic waxes.

TheSopranos16
08-03-2004, 11:32 PM
There are a lot of good polymer sealents these days. I can`t possibly pick a favorite because I use so many!!! One that I like a lot is BLACKFIRE. It`s not very popular on this forum but I have had nothing but great results with it. They reformulated the product about a year ago so perhaps many people tried the old version and didn`t like it. I use the new one and I think its great. But like everyone else said, EX-P and UPP are excellent. You can`t go wrong with them.

weekender
08-04-2004, 03:21 AM
I am hooked on Wolfgang Paint Sealant,never have found anything as slick. I am going on 4 and still great beading.

zainoshine
10-10-2004, 05:14 PM
weekender,

Are you a professional detailer? If you are, how does Wolfgang work out for you with doing multiple vehicles? I was thinking of doing Menzerna Twins, plus Wolfgang sealant (which is actually cheaper than FMJ), and then I`d be able to use Wolfgang QD (as opposed to FMJ which doesn`t have their own QD). Also guys, for the professional, where can you get clay bars in bulk?

Thanks,
Carl

MMarky
10-10-2004, 09:25 PM
I am intrigued by FMJ. Though I am concerned after reading this: http://superiorcarcare.net/wg5500.html The "tech note" is what scares me.

How easily is FMJ wiped off after applying?