PDA

View Full Version : Is 3M SMR or #9 Needed After DACP?

billrouleau
02-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Do I really need to use 3M`s SMR or Meg`s #9 after DACP? Searches revealed that DACP breaks down into a polish rather quickly, so would the use of a milder polish like #9 or SMR be totally necessary? (unlike FI2 which would probalby need the SMR or #9 afterwards)

Jngrbrdman
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
It depends on if you still have swirls left. I graduate down from what I feel are more agressive products to the less agressive ones. #9 or SMR after DACP may help with any swirls that the DACP didn`t clear up. The necessity of following up one product with another is based on the need for it by visual inspection. There really isn`t a set rule for what you have to use after different products. How does it look after DACP?

CharlesW
02-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BlackRegal

In this case I could go straight to waxing.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/1992c2-med.jpg

Yeah, I think maybe you could say that.

Charles:xyxthumbs

billrouleau
02-10-2003, 06:37 PM
I acutally just ordered some DACP for the Lexus and haven`t had a chance to use it yet. I SMRed it a couple of months ago and there are still substantial swirls left (7 1/2 years without knowing Autopia ;) ). I was just wondering if DACP has a reputation for needing SMR or #9 afterwards like FI2 does or if it breaks down enough that it won`t cause more minor swirls in the heavier swirl remover. Thanks again!