PDA

View Full Version : Leather stain....

debric
02-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Yesterday I wore new running / biking pants by Hind to workout. After the workout I drove home still wearing the pants and when I exited my vehicle I noticed that the gray leather had blush colored stains all over it. What had happened is my perspiration caused the so-called black fabric to leach this odd color? I immediately went to town with a leather brush, Megiuar’s leather cleaner, Lexol and a whole host of others to no avail. The stains faded a bit but my seat is some what ruined. Is there anything else that I can do for the stain? Also, I looked at the tags from the running pants and nowhere does it having any warnings concerning color leaching. I am wondering if I should call Hind and see what they have to say.

TortoiseAWD
02-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by VIKING

Yesterday I wore new running / biking pants by Hind to workout. After the workout I drove home still wearing the pants and when I exited my vehicle I noticed that the gray leather had blush colored stains all over it. What had happened is my perspiration caused the so-called black fabric to leach this odd color? I immediately went to town with a leather brush, Megiuar’s leather cleaner, Lexol and a whole host of others to no avail. The stains faded a bit but my seat is some what ruined. Is there anything else that I can do for the stain? Also, I looked at the tags from the running pants and nowhere does it having any warnings concerning color leaching. I am wondering if I should call Hind and see what they have to say. VIKING,

Since the more conventional fixes don`t seem to have worked, you might try something like Goo-Gone (a mild citrus-based solvent) to see if it makes a dent in the stain. Now, I`ve never used Goo-Gone on leather before, so be careful . . . try it on small spot underneath the seat or somewhere inconspicuous to make sure it doesn`t do any damage. If the texture and gloss of the leather is unaffected in the test spot, try a small portion of the affected area to see if it will dissolve the stain.

Again, if you try this, please be careful as I`m unsure how the Goo-Gone will work on leather. Spot test first, and use sparingly until you`re sure it`s safe.

Any other suggestions out there?

Tort