PDA

View Full Version : New Car Pickup - Inspection Tips

pingable
02-10-2003, 08:18 AM
I`ll be picking up my new car soon - It`s a Oxford Green exterior. I`m sure even though I have clauses in my contract, someone at the port must have touched the paint at one point or another.

For all you autopians out there, any things you do rather than having the dealer deduct $250 ish to remove the scratch/swirls.

I remember a couple of months, there was a thread on Autopia about this guy with his brand new M3 had the prep from helllll.......I don`t remember what the resolution was but from the pics I saw, it wasn`t pretty.......

detailbarn
02-10-2003, 08:35 AM
Make sure the dealer doesn`t prep it for you take it how dirty and do it right yourself. As far as it being touched before it gets to the dealer , I`m not sure but I believe that BMW bags their cars before they leave Germany. Congrats on your new X5 great vehicle.

pingable
02-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Anyone happen to know how BMW preps the car when they put it on the boat. You can`t control everything and while the dealer may not touch the exterior, during the port prep, when the car get`s off the boat or during the truck transport, I believe they prep the car also before it get`s to the dealership.

I`ve seen pic on how Audi wraps their cars and it`s a slick setup.