PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my first weekend detailing!

imported_stormsearch
02-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Well- I took a lot of the information found here to good use this weekend.

I purchased a white 1994 Honda Accord LX in amazing shape, but it had a few problems.

1. tiny black splotches in the center of the hood. I was guessing tar or paint overspray

2. tiny swirl marks on hood

3. Three or four tiny black spots on the front fascia.

So- having read a bunch of autopia posts lately- I took this route

Wash

Clay Bar

Wash

Meguiars #9

Dawn Wash

Z1

Z2 (two coats)

the car looks great! It absolutely glows from all angles. I`ve never seen a white car this reflective :) Also, in claying the hood, I was able to remove ALL of the black splotches.

Then...feeling like doing good deeds, I took on the task of my Mom`s Honda CR-V. It`s a Metallic Green color that seems to show dirt faster than any car on the planet. So I...

Dawn Washed

De-Tarred using Tar & Bug Lifter Citrus Formula

Mother`s Cleaner Wax (2 coats)

Mother`s "Showtime" Instant Detailer

For myself, I`m going to stay in the Zaino system, but since my Mom probably won`t spend the time, I decided to stay with a Wax that she can use easily.

The cars came out great! Thanks for all the help and knowledge shared. Now, my garage smells like grape Z6, and other fruity smells (Z2, Mother`s Instant Detailer smells like cinnamon)

VetteToVair
02-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by jem7vwh

Mother`s Instant Detailer smells like cinnamon

That`s why it is one of my favorite qd`s - i clearly have a problem

thegeek
02-10-2003, 09:19 AM
I have a 1994 Honda Accord EX. One of the few on the road today that still shine like the day it was sold. I love my car.

CharlesW
02-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by jem7vwh

Mother`s Cleaner Wax

For myself, I`m going to stay in the Zaino system, but since my Mom probably won`t spend the time, I decided to stay with a Wax that she can use easily.

One of the reasons I recommend Mother`s to those people that ask about paint care and I know they don`t intend to do anything but throw on a coat of wax and go. The stuff does a good job and it is an easy one-step process.

The best product in the world is no good if they don`t use it.

Charles

imported_stormsearch
02-10-2003, 04:49 PM
I have to admit, I was amazed at the deep shine Mother`s put on the Green CR-V. Granted, this car is only 2 years old and is well taken care of, but I was still very impressed. After QDing and cleaning glass and chrome, the car looked showroom new.

The Honda on the other hand is downright glassy! I was noticing even the curved panels on the rear of the car reflecting today.