PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Souveran vs. Paste

samiam513
02-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Which is better in terms of looks? Durability doesn`t really matter. I wax weekly, if not 2 or three times a week :p

If you think the paste looks better, is it worth the extra 25-45 bucks (depending on where you look).

dr427
02-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Going out on a limb since I am not as educated as most others here, but as I understand it, pastes have higher concentrations of Carnauba. It takes more Petroleum Distillates to break down the rock hard carnauba to produce liquid versions. This is why good carnauba pastes last longer on your finish (more carnauba in it), but can be potentially more difficult to work with as far as removing. That same thinking could be why the Paste costs more!

My experience has shown this to be true. Paste carnauba lasts longer than liquids. (Collinite 845 vs. 885 for example)

BUT, if you wax weekly I couldn`t see spending the extra $$$ and couldn`t imagine the finish looking drastically different between the 2 you selected. Turtle Wax vs. Souveran, probably. Souveran vs. Sourveran ??? wouldn`t think so, but.....

Someone correct me if I`m wrong, but be nice.:bounce :xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
02-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Well, LS has gave my car more reflection than the paste did. LS doesn`t last as long though. I would use the LS before I bought another can of the paste though. I really enjoy how it looks on the cars I`ve used it on.

offcenter
02-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by samiam513

Which is better in terms of looks? Durability doesn`t really matter. I wax weekly, if not 2 or three times a week :p

Do you really wax weekly? What`s the point? Any wax will last longer than 1 week. It`s waaay overkill. I hope you were kidding.:eek:

samiam513
02-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by rad21

Do you really wax weekly? What`s the point? Any wax will last longer than 1 week. It`s waaay overkill. I hope you were kidding.:eek:

nope, I really do it. It`s just what I do when I wanna relax and get away from everyone. It may cost a lil $$ but i enjoy it.

AMP01
02-09-2003, 10:39 PM
samiam513,

What color is your car? If you have a dark colored car I would suggest the Souveran paste.

Also, you probably can use less paste wax per application compared to the liquid Souveran.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)