PDA

View Full Version : Boars hair brushes...

ESP
02-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Sorry I know this has been discussed as I did a search, however I have noticed the only one that seems to have been mentioned is the Griots one. I have used a boars hair brush for over 10 years now. One of the problems is that my Dad has mine at their house and I doubt I can get it back.

Anyone know of other brushes available besides the Griots one?

Redcar GUY
02-09-2003, 04:12 PM
what brand was the one you have now>?

ESP
02-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that is the problem... It has no name on it. I bought it way back when at Auto Addictions in Pennsylvania...

Duh, Never even thought of calling them... LOL!

Accumulator
02-09-2003, 06:38 PM
ESP- As the forum`s unofficial Griot`s Boar`s Hair Brush Fanatic, I`d say just order one (or two; I use a pair) from them. At least you can trust them to sell you a good product. And anyhow, the old one probably needs replaced by now. The split bristle-ends of mine finally wore down (after many years of use) and the new one was noticeabley more gentle.

ESP
02-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Guess that is what I will end up doing. I don`t have a problem with most of the Griots stuff, I know it is good stuff, but some of their items you can find for less and they are the same product.

Believe it or not the brush I got some 10 years ago is just as good, maybe even better than when I got it.. I figured the tips would wear out by now but it has not. I used to "professionally" detail at the performance/car stereo shop I worked in and on the side. That brush has prob. seen well over 300 cars per year for a soild 5-6 years. Now my parents use it weekly on their cars.

Ok, well it looks like Griots will be getting a call very soon and I will join in the fanaticism over the Boars Hair Brush.

:bounce

EDBSO
02-09-2003, 09:55 PM
http://store5.yimg.com/I/tolae_1725_1892637

FYI Boar`s Hair Brush $49.95 (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tolae/boarhairbodw.html)

Accumulator
02-10-2003, 01:19 PM
ESP- My original BHB`s were from someone else also. I was sorta surprised at how softer the Griot`s ones felt. If you get one from Griot`s, compare `em sometime at your Dad`s place.

EDBSO- That brush looks very good. Maybe someone could get one and compare it with a Griot`s. See if there`s any functional differences (and whether or not it`s really all boar`s hair). I`d better be quiet here or someone will volunteer ME :D

Griot`s has switched to a plastic handle. I didn`t think I`d like it (I`m sorta old-school about these things) but now I sorta like it better. I never had a problem with the wood ones, but the plastic is TOTALLY maintenance-free.

BTW, I can`t say enough about how great the small boar`s hair "detail" brushes are for nooks and crannies :xyxthumbs Can`t imagine a better way to wash doorjambs, fuel filler pockets, etc.