PDA

View Full Version : p21s overnight?

George M.
02-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Ok. I have heard of people leaving Blackfire on the paint overnight, and buffing out the next morning. Well. what if i was to detail my truck. Apply my p21s to the paint. and wait 2-3 hours before buffing off. Would it have any different effect? For example, better shine. More protection. Etc.:nixweiss

VetteToVair
02-09-2003, 01:25 AM
It`s a lot harder to remove.....

samiam513
02-09-2003, 09:49 AM
it`d be a pain in the ***. The wax wasn`t meant to harden, and when it does it is like plaster. It can be buffed off, but it is really really hard.

thegeek
02-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Directions clearly say to apply, and remove without letting it haze first.

jcattarulla
02-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Dude,

P21S is wipe on and wipe off. It`s a breeze- no need to wait at all!

John

George M.
02-09-2003, 12:56 PM
yea, i know it will be harder to remove. But i was wondering if leaving it on longer would have any positive effects.

B737GDog
02-09-2003, 01:59 PM
The only positive I can think of would be that the workout you get buffing the P21s off would help build muscle in your arms and provide a good cardiovacular workout!

shaf
02-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by B737GDog

The only positive I can think of would be that the workout you get buffing the P21s off would help build muscle in your arms and provide a good cardiovacular workout! LOL! What he said. :xyxthumbs

Just try it on a small section Roderigo and you`ll see what we mean. In the mild summer warmth like ejant I found that even letting it sit for a few minutes made my life harder. I can`t imagine the welding onto the paint it`d do if I let it sit overnight!

Even when applied according to directions, P21S/S100 performs terrifically and seems to last fairly long, so how much better could it get for the ease of application?

George M.
02-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok. Ill take your words for it. LoL. i wouldnt have the patience to let it sit anyway. Yea. I love the way p21s works. Thats all im buying as far as wax for a while. (at least till i have the cash for Souveran.)

AMP01
02-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Roderigo,

P21S looks great on all colors, especially lighter colors and metallics. Souveran looks best on darker colors like black and red. Here is a pics of just one coat of Souveran on my jet black BMW. It seems to make the paint really wet looking.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805first_pic_with_souveran-med.jpg

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

George M.
02-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Oh i see. So Souveran wouldnt look much better on my truck anyways. Not worth the extra 40 bucks anyway. Well. Ok then, ill stick to p21s

Neb
02-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by AMP99

Roderigo,

P21S looks great on all colors, especially lighter colors and metallics. Souveran looks best on darker colors like black and red. Here is a pics of just one coat of Souveran on my jet black BMW. It seems to make the paint really wet looking.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805first_pic_with_souveran-med.jpg

Cheers,

just wondering, but what did you put on your car other than p21s? klasse under p21s? multiple coats of p21s? inquiring minds need to know! :D ;) my black car isn`t nearly that shiny with just one coat of s100

AMP01
02-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Neb,

The shine of paint is really more about prep than the top coat of wax or sealer. The paint should be clean and it would not hurt to clay the surface as well. Then it is time to remove all the scratches and swirl marks.

For this part I use a PC. If there are scratches I use DACP applied with a cutting pad and then GEPC applied with a polishing pad. At this point, the paint looks great all by itself.

The next step is usually AIO or Platinum`s polish followed by PUPP applied with a finishing pad. (Using an acrylic or polymer sealer does not have to be done but it can give a bit more reflectivity and adds a protective layer before the wax topper.)

After I wait at least 12 hrs. for the sealant layer to "cure", (if you are using a sealant), I then apply the wax topper. In this picture I am using Souveran wax that tends to make the paint look darker and wetter compared to P21S that gives off more of a silvery glow. Either wax is great, it just depends on what you are looking for.

QD`s also can add reflectivity. Scottwax has had great success using ClearKote Quick Shine on top of both P21S and Souveran.

I hope that this long winded reply helps!

Cheers,

Neb
02-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by AMP99

Neb,

The shine of paint is really more about prep than the top coat of wax or sealer. The paint should be clean and it would not hurt to clay the surface as well. Then it is time to remove all the scratches and swirl marks.

For this part I use a PC. If there are scratches I use DACP applied with a cutting pad and then GEPC applied with a polishing pad. At this point, the paint looks great all by itself.

The next step is usually AIO or Platinum`s polish followed by PUPP applied with a finishing pad. (Using an acrylic or polymer sealer does not have to be done but it can give a bit more reflectivity and adds a protective layer before the wax topper.)

After I wait at least 12 hrs. for the sealant layer to "cure", (if you are using a sealant), I then apply the wax topper. In this picture I am using Souveran wax that tends to make the paint look darker and wetter compared to P21S that gives off more of a silvery glow. Either wax is great, it just depends on what you are looking for.

QD`s also can add reflectivity. Scottwax has had great success using ClearKote Quick Shine on top of both P21S and Souveran.

I hope that this long winded reply helps!

Cheers,

I think I have found my problem, I used the pad that came with the PC with 3m Rubbing compound, and followed that with 3m smr by hand; what those two did was remove many of the swirls, but left most of the scratches visible. I think its time to go to cma to buy some pads :D

btw, thanks for the great informative long winded post :xyxthumbs