PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain "working in" SSR`s

tiuser
08-03-2004, 10:32 AM
I don`t quite understand. :confused: The longer PB SSR`s are worked with a PC, they break down ? How long does this take ? I have read different threads that say the SSR`s need to break down or hazing might occur. Someone please explain. :confused:

JaredPointer
08-03-2004, 10:36 AM
I understand it to mean you work it in with the PC until it is gone. You should not leave behind enough product to haze. I could be wrong, but this is my understanding. It will take varying times, depending on PC speed, weather temp., etc. Just work it till it`s gone.

Poorboy
08-03-2004, 10:37 AM
the reason is that they have diminishing abrasives...put a drop between your fingers and keep rubbing ..that`s the best way i can describe it to you...as the product breaks down the polishing becomes finer and finer until a smooth shiny surface is achieved

Dalton
08-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Steve,

Speaking of SSR, I have been meaning to ask you a question. On PB Detailing Day when you were working on the owner`s car, I noticed you used quite a bit of SSR2.5. A lot more than I use. Is the amount you used typical or was it because the car was so scratche/swirled?

tiuser
08-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy
the reason is that they have diminishing abrasives...put a drop between your fingers and keep rubbing ..that`s the best way i can describe it to you...as the product breaks down the polishing becomes finer and finer until a smooth shiny surface is achieved

Will the polish disappear as it is worked in or just get finer?

Woob
08-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Polish will appear to disappear, but it gets finer as it goes. Don`t complicate the process, its apply buff to where no residue is there and your good :)

Nickc0844
08-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Much of the time, hazing will occur when a coarser pad is used (i.e. Cutting pad when a polishing pad would do the trick).