PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if they make a product to spray in your wheel wells that will

TheOzzfather
02-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Disolve the ice and crap built up in them from the winter??

I broke off one slash gurad on the Maxima today trying to clean them out and the drivers side frint strut and spring has ice inside that I cannot get at. I tried the quarter car wash to spray out the wells. It helped some but barely.

37buckeye
02-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Any protectant that contains silicone will help prevent the buildup of snow, ice, salt, etc. I`m fond of EF Black Opal, but almost anything will do..

Once the stuff is on, I`m not sure there is much you can do. You can either wait for it to melt or help it along by using your hands.

-ema

AkronSi
02-10-2003, 09:57 AM
What about some of that Prestone spray de-icer? I don`t know if that would have any adverse effects on the struts and any other mechanicals though.

It might be worth a try to go to the quarter wash. Spray on the de-icer and then spray it off with the high-pressure.

jerry@robs
02-11-2003, 06:57 AM
... Hot Water Spray?

thevolvoguy
02-11-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by theveed

... Hot Water Spray?

Thats what I would do.

Of course im in Texas. :nixweiss

Nagchampa
02-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by theveed

... Hot Water Spray? Its not quite that easy. You have to figure a way to run a hose from your kitchen sink out to your car without making a mess in between. Even more difficult if you are married and do not enjoy sleeping on the couch.

It would be nice to have a garage with hot/cold water hooked up.