PDA

View Full Version : Towels

genX
02-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Do you guys dedicate certain towels to certain uses only? It doesn`t matter if you use cotton, microfiber or whatever. And I don`t mean using the same towel for multiple uses in one sitting, but after it`s been washed, and you use it for a different job on the car. I hope that made sense. Just curious.

2wheelsx2
02-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Lots of threads on this, but most people separate towels into 3: paint, glass and wheels. Microfiber or not is irrelevant.

vmunoz
02-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Most of the cotton towels I use are for either interiors, wheels and wheel wells, engines. Once I`ve used them on a dirty part of a car, it`s almost impossible to get them white again so I just use them again and again for those dirty jobs. Once they wear out, I run back to the dollar store and stock up again.

My MF towels are mostly for polishing, waxing and quick detailing. :)

Have a great weekend...................V

imported_Intel486
02-07-2003, 10:06 PM
I have several groups of towels

about 8 100% cotton bath towels for drying,

a LOT of 100% cotton royal velvet scrap towels for paintwork,

some polyester blend towels for interior use only,

some small grunge towels for engines, wheel wells, tires, and other dirty jobs,

and a fist full of Mf towels for cleaning windows.

Will be getting a 10lb bag of surgical towels soon for windows sinve I`m told they clean windows better than MF towels.

Fallz
02-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Intel, Where are you getting the surgical towel`s from ?

I bought some used ,but sterilized and cleaned one`s from my local hospital for 1.10 per dozen. I bought 25 dozen of them. That was a few year`s back and I`m getting low so I`ll see if I can buy some more . They did work good on glass for me.

imported_Intel486
02-08-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Fallguy

Intel, Where are you getting the surgical towel`s from ?

I bought some used ,but sterilized and cleaned one`s from my local hospital for 1.10 per dozen. I bought 25 dozen of them. That was a few year`s back and I`m getting low so I`ll see if I can buy some more . They did work good on glass for me.

I have a link to a store that sold them... I may want to start looking around to see if I can find it still :D

Degislek
02-08-2003, 02:16 AM
OK maybe I`m anal but I break my towels down like this:

I use cotton towel`s for wheels/wheel wells.

Then I use MF`s for everything else and seperate by color. Wax removal is orange, glass is blue, etc. I used to use cotton on interior but after trying MF, it is the only way to go...... no lint :)