PDA

View Full Version : MF - best buy ??

goixiz
02-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Ok im goin a little deeper - I still have not waxed my car with all these detailing kit from xmas

Where can i get the best price for a reasonable quality MF cloth

Im thinking of getting maybe 3-4 pcs only

And I read on previous post a lot if you mention using it to apply and remove wax - So is it in between cycles of using you PC.

Im about to buy a PC and was thinking that i will always use the PC to wax and use MF for QD and last wipe after PC - Please correct me.

imported_memnuts
02-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by goixiz

Ok im goin a little deeper - I still have not waxed my car with all these detailing kit from xmas

Where can i get the best price for a reasonable quality MF cloth

Im thinking of getting maybe 3-4 pcs only

Do not take short cuts when purchasing products for detailing especially when it comes to something that is going to directly effect your detailing effort and vehicle`s appearance.

You want quality MF`s only at a reasonable price.

Great sources:

For multi-use MF`s ( buffing and QD`ing) PakShak and MicrofiberTech. Excellent towels at a very good price.

DFTowel ( a little expensive)for a final buffing and adjunct to Cali duster MF.:wavey

goixiz
02-06-2003, 09:00 AM
mucho gracias

Nagchampa
02-06-2003, 09:10 AM
I found some nice plush towels at a Dollar Tree store in Western NY. They are 12 X 12 at a buck a piece.

GP Infinity
02-06-2003, 09:11 AM
and service with JTinternational.. Tom is great to work with.. good prices too..

Dana

F1Crazy
02-06-2003, 10:23 AM
PakShak and JTInternational have probably the best prices on great quality towels and both offer great service.

I went with Tom since he sells waffle-weave towels.

PC is mostly used for polishing; you can of course use it for waxing but IMO you`ll waste more product and time. If you`re going to use paste wax then definitely do it by hand.

MF towels have so many uses, just use the search. ;)

goixiz
02-06-2003, 10:28 AM
web address pls

F1Crazy
02-06-2003, 10:34 AM
JT International doesn`t have a website, you have to e-mail him:

[email protected]

PakShak (http://pakshak.com/)

shaf
02-06-2003, 01:21 PM
goixiz, I strongly suggest buying more than 3-4 MF cloths, especially since you will be paying to ship them anyway and individual MFs are not expensive. JTinternational has low regular prices, but you should contact Pakshak (Ranney) directly (maybe PM or Autopia email) instead of ordering off his site...

I bought a small number of MFs experimentally at first, but then quickly realized:

a) they were awesome! :xyxthumbs

b) I need way more.

I`d suggest at least 10, with 1 or 2 dedicated glass towels because you can use them up quickly and if you drop one it goes in the "dirty" bin immediately. Also this doesn`t force you to try and decide if you can safely continue wiping with your last, loaded up towel.

I suggest reading this recent thread:

How many MF towels do I need? (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18421)

HTH :)

imported_memnuts
02-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by goixiz

web address pls

www.pakshak.com

www.microfibertech.com

:xyxthumbs