PDA

View Full Version : Dog jumped up on car and scratched it!

PiL
02-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Freakin` Rottweiler put his front paws on my drivers side door and put scratches on my black car. I can`t feel the scratches. Also, I have to look at them at an angle and in a certain light to really see them. My wife can`t see them, but I can! I tried Megs #9 w/no luck. Should I try Scratch X?

imported_Intel486
02-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Try to apply scratch X to the area a few times to try to get rid of them.

They are probably too deap to get out with Meg #9.

MnRiverman
02-05-2003, 11:11 PM
If Meg #9 Swirl remover didn`t remove them, I don`t think Scratch X is going to.

Do you have a picture?

turnipgreen
02-06-2003, 09:19 AM
I had the same thing happen on my dark grey truck, used 3M SMR and you had to know where they were to find them afterwards. Mine must have been less scratched to start off with than yours, or else black shows them better.

37buckeye
02-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Before I started using the Klasse twins and Pinnacle, I used Zymol HD-Cleanse to remove minor scratches. It did a great job on my moss green paint. If the suggestion of 3M SMR does not work, PM me and I`ll send you a small bit of HD-Cleanse.

Good luck,

-ema

MnRiverman
02-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ema

Before I started using the Klasse twins and Pinnacle, I used Zymol HD-Cleanse to remove minor scratches. It did a great job on my moss green paint. If the suggestion of 3M SMR does not work, PM me and I`ll send you a small bit of HD-Cleanse.

Good luck,

-ema

Woo hoo another zymol fan! :D

However, the SMR is much more abrasive than the HD Cleanse. So if SMR doesn`t remove it, HD-Cleanse won`t.

- Anthony