PDA

View Full Version : When at first you dont succeed try again...

breakneckvtec
02-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Ok, now I inspected my car and came to this conclusion. There was something I or the other owner before me did to swirl my hood worse than other parts of the car. I am about 99% sure that 3M SMR will get all the swirls on the car except the hood. So, what do I do about this? Should I go over the hood several times with SMR till its good, using 50/50 alc/water to get rid of fillers and inspect, if its not good then go over it with 3M machine polish and if its still not good then I plan to go over it a couple of times with the machine polish till it is good. Can I do this? Also for the light swirls on the rest of the car where I cant take the buffer what would you guys suggest I do to get them? Thanks again for any help.

PS I think the hood was my fault when I took bird **** off a couple times with some QD and a MF towel...live and learn, thank god I only did it on the hood and not the whole car.

samiam513
02-05-2003, 07:53 PM
trty some meg`s #83. Probobly halfto get it from a auto body supply shop though.

Perfection is tough!

breakneckvtec
02-05-2003, 08:07 PM
But is it ok to go over the area a few times? Will it get better or be a waste of time?

VetteToVair
02-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by breakneckvtec

But is it ok to go over the area a few times? Will it get better or be a waste of time?

Yes. Yes. No. You would be using a milder product(smr) twice as opposed to using a harsher(not a bad thing) product(Meg#83) followed up by a milder product. Basically, it should continually improve as you remove some clear. If you dont want to spring for the #83, then by all means just use the smr a couple times.

Patrick
02-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Hot tip for the bird poop.....And excuse me for getting vulgar here...

If your driving and cant get it off promptly, ok im saying if it gets hard and dry.....Put some QD on it first opportunity, ,and let it set a minute or two.....give it a squirt close up with the QD and use the pressure to help losen.....then wipe away while rolling your cotton or MF in an upward motion......

I HATE BIRDS.....`cept red tail hawks.....