PDA

View Full Version : Car Show/Concours Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Bobby G
02-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Based on Brad B`s Monday night Concours chat, is there enough interest to have a forum for car show discussions?

Scottwax
02-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Sure. I`ve only prepped a few cars for shows, but it definitely is more involved than a normal detail. It would be good to see what others are doing.

imported_memnuts
02-05-2003, 12:31 PM
This would be great for us Autopians who have "garage queens" and classics that do not need constant paint repair but are interested in techniques and products that enhance the vehicle`s appearance inside, outside and in every nock and cranny.:xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
02-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Sure. I`ve only prepped a few cars for shows, but it definitely is more involved than a normal detail. It would be good to see what others are doing.

I agree. With the detailing season for me right around the corner and the car show season starting up right after that, I could definatly use the pointers from the veterans of these events. I had to miss the chat on Monday because of school and I was thinking about it all through class. I really wanted to know the secrets of those shows. I`ll have more show cars to do this year than last year from good referals and would love to learn more about it. :up

Redcar GUY
02-05-2003, 01:04 PM
YOU ALL KNOW I WANT THIS!!!!!!!!

:bounce :bounce :bounce

Richt
02-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Me to still gutted i missed the chat!

Pats300zx
02-05-2003, 01:57 PM
I think it will be great idea !!!!!! Can`t wait for the car show season to start this year..:bounce

debric
02-05-2003, 02:22 PM
I think it is a great idea! I love the "non-commercial" shows. The hard part is finding out about them.

C. Charles Hahn
02-05-2003, 04:19 PM
agreed.... I`ve already got a couple friends who want me to prep their cars for shows (both C5 vettes) and my neighbor had a customer who wants his car prepped, but my neighbor doesnt do it anymore so he recommended me... its a real-deal 65 Shelby AC Cobra 427... fully restored blue/white :eek: car hasnt been done in 2 years, but if you consider it lives in a trailer and goes to shows that way, its still in dang good shape (too bad the last time it was done was with the 3-step meguiar`s deep crystal system... I think I`ll introduce it to my friend Zaino and his overcoat S100...)

so, ya I want it...

Bobby G
02-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Well, Autopians have spoken. I will make it so as soon as I can find a moderator... hint, hint.

bjwebster
02-05-2003, 08:27 PM
With all the interest from the chat last week, this should make a great addition to our community!

C. Charles Hahn
02-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

Well, Autopians have spoken. I will make it so as soon as I can find a moderator... hint, hint.

hmmm.... check your PM`s Mr. Mayor ;)

JAGOWNER1981
02-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Not sure how it will be setup but it seems to me like it will just be a forum to ask brad questions. Not saying thats a bad thing :D.

Detailing NY
02-05-2003, 11:49 PM
I have done some shows. they really are a pain, but lots of fun.

Lots of tricks and tech`s to be learned. The most i get out of going to the shows is meeting up with other detailers and learning from each other. I have some local shows this summer as well.

procareman50
02-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Since I am not a "career" detailer, I would love to know all the prep and techniques used to make a "show car" since I hope (someday) to have a garage queen or two........:xyxthumbs