PDA

View Full Version : Just so you know my pic of the blue Acura is not a fluke

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
02-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Here is it from the other side. Took this pic about 2 weeks ago, right after washing it and using Quikshine on it. Last waxed with S100 in early December (about 6 weeks before this pic).

http://www.off-topic.org/gallery/data/500/952001_AcuraTL2.jpg

The color looks a little lighter from this side, but the shine is just as intense.

Not the telltale QEW puddles of water around the wheels. ;)

Jngrbrdman
02-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Daymn! Bring me a towel! That is awesome! I love that blue. You do good work Scott. I`m definatly going to have to come down and see you in action. :xyxthumbs

spotter
02-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Sometimes I don`t think it matters what you use it will look better than anyone else. Before I read the caption my first thought was QEW puddles. Thanks for the recommendation on QEW...I love that stuff. I cleaned up the both cars over the weekend and it rained Monday evening so I broke out the QEW and Quik Shine and washed and QD`ed both cars in less than 50 minutes. They looked great. Talk about two good products.

Scottwax
02-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Even minivans can look good with the right products and some patience. This is a 1997 that had only been waxed twice (her husband had a stroke a couple of years ago and can no longer wax it). Clayed all the horizontal surfaces, polished with Meguiars Swirl Free Polish and waxed with S100 Paste Wax. Even though it doesn`t have that stunning pearl blue paint like the Acura, it still turned out pretty good.

http://www.off-topic.org/gallery/data/500/951997_PlymouthVoyager.jpg

Jngrbrdman-let me know when you will be in town!

C. Charles Hahn
02-05-2003, 11:35 AM
I`m gonna have to get myself a car that color someday, its friggin awesome when its detailed to perfection!!

Nagchampa
02-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Scott, Do you ever get sick of reading people praising you? Probably not. Great job as usual.:xyxthumbs That is my favorite color ever to come out of the Honda factory. I could probably tell that you did this car even if you didn`t have your name over it. It has that "Scottwax glow":bow

Preachers Sheets
02-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Scott, I don`t know how you can use these results with mild products, soft pads with minimal that even some of us can’t product hours of aggressive pads polish`s and compounds.

What’s your trick, do you have some funky way to swing the polisher across the paint, do you mix products or heat them up to a specific temp.

Aggravating that I need to spend all day on a car to get the results that you get after 2 hours. Do you polish a panel in 30 seconds or something?

Scottwax
02-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by joed1228

Scott, I don`t know how you can use these results with mild products, soft pads with minimal that even some of us can’t product hours of aggressive pads polish`s and compounds.

The paint on this car was already in good shape, but the it was 8 months old when I first started cleaning it and gave it the first wax job (Swirl Free and Souveran). He has me wash it every week and only drives it on weekends and on trips to his parents in Louisiana or his fiance`s parents in Oklahoma. I QD it with Quikshine every week.

EDIT: Last two times I waxed it, I used S100. Next wax job is due in early March. I`ll use Vanilla Moose and S100.

What’s your trick, do you have some funky way to swing the polisher across the paint, do you mix products or heat them up to a specific temp.

No, I just use Meguiars BSP line and work the products until nearly clear and dry. I use terry cloth towels to apply to remove swirls and minor imperfections and foam for final polishing.

Aggravating that I need to spend all day on a car to get the results that you get after 2 hours. Do you polish a panel in 30 seconds or something?

I can polish and wax a car (with decent paint) in about 40 minutes. Wait until I finish the roll of film in my camera and post the pics of a blue 2000 Vette and a blue 2001 BMW X5. (SEPC and S100 on the Vette and Vanilla Moose and S100 on the X5). Should have them up by Monday. ;)

shaf
02-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by joed1228

What’s your trick, do you have some funky way to swing the polisher across the paint, do you mix products or heat them up to a specific temp. Polisher?!? What polisher? :D

Fantastic work as usual Scott! :)

drewski59
02-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Again, stunning work, Scott!:bow :)

I`m always blown away by your results. I`ll have to try BSP products soon. Never thought about using terry towels to apply....hmmmm....;)

Great work!

:wavey

MnRiverman
02-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Scott,

That TL looks great but I have an honest question. Do you think you could get the same results with a different wax? Or a different Glaze? I mean, theoretically they all do the same thing, and to the naked eye I doubt any one of us can noticeably tell a difference between Zymol wax and P21s wax or s100 or 3M paste wax.

What is it that makes you use s100 all the time? Ease of use? How long it lasts? Is the shine "amazing"?

It just seems like there are too many products that do the same thing, and I find it hard to believe that one product is going to be far superior to another product.

I`m asking you cause it sure looks like you know what you`re talking about. :)

- Anthony

Detailing NY
02-05-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Here is it from the other side. Took this pic about 2 weeks ago, right after washing it and using Quikshine on it. Last waxed with S100 in early December (about 6 weeks before this pic).

http://www.off-topic.org/gallery/data/500/952001_AcuraTL2.jpg

The color looks a little lighter from this side, but the shine is just as intense.

Not the telltale QEW puddles of water around the wheels. ;)

:bow :bow :bow

Scottwax
02-05-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by adg44

Scott,

That TL looks great but I have an honest question. Do you think you could get the same results with a different wax? Or a different Glaze? I mean, theoretically they all do the same thing, and to the naked eye I doubt any one of us can noticeably tell a difference between Zymol wax and P21s wax or s100 or 3M paste wax.

They may all do the same thing, but they don`t give equal results. The shine from S100 is different than Souveran for example. Souveran looks a tad deeper, but S100 leave sort of a liquid silver sheen on metallics and black. This pic is a good example:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1075&papass=&sort=1 ---that is black paint!

Intermezzo has described it as a `liquid mercury" look. I have to agree.

What is it that makes you use s100 all the time? Ease of use? How long it lasts? Is the shine "amazing"?

Ease of use is important in the detailing business. Time is money and I won`t use a `fussy` product. The main reason though is the results. S100 gives a 3 dimensional gloss to the paint and very sharp reflections, while Meguiars #26 gives a soft, warm glow and the reflections don`t seem quite a sharp.

S100 has good durability for a carnuba. It helps that the Dallas area has no acid rain or industrial fallout to speak of, so the climate is gentle on wax. The cars I detail regularly bead for a good 3 months.

It just seems like there are too many products that do the same thing, and I find it hard to believe that one product is going to be far superior to another product.

I am always testing new products. That is how I came to love S100, Meguiars Body Shop Professional products and Clearkote Products. I don`t stick with just one product manufacturer. I use what I have personally tested to be the best for each step I take. I really like S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser for example, but I like Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose even more. Subtle differences, but VM seems to have a deeper look than S100 SEC.

My personal favorites for a 4 step process would be:

Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish for deep paint cleaning and heavy swirl removal

Meguiars Swirl Free Polish for light swirl removal

Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose for the final polish

S100 Paste Wax for protection and added depth

MnRiverman
02-06-2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the reply,Scott. :up

The reflection of that picture you showed truely is amazing.

I used to be content with just the Zymol process, but this damn website is going to steal all my money away with new products I want to try! :D

Where can you get the Vanilla Mouse?

Yet again, there are just too many different products I want to try. And it seems like you can`t get a difinitive answer from anyone about any one product because the results seem to be different depending on who uses it and where they use it and how it`s applied and what the temperature is and what color the car is, etc. Too many variables in this detailing game. :)

- Anthony

Scottwax
02-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Anthony-you can get Vanilla Moose at www.clearkote.net on the new products page. I don`t know if the price is listed, but it is $12 for a pint. Should be enough for about 10-15 cars. A little goes a long way.

BTW, since VM isn`t on the order page, you have to add it to the comment box, or you can phone in an order.