PDA

View Full Version : Crevices

Murrayhe
02-05-2003, 02:46 AM
How do you guys get out water spots, wax leftovers, and other crap from within small crevices? There are quite a few on my Mercdes and it`s frustrating to see little white specs on my black car.

imported_chewy
02-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Q-tips, toothpics or I have a set of jewelry tools that I can cover with a thick cloth to remove things from small places.

imported_chewy
02-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Was browsing a favorite detailing product site and came across the product below--these seem like they would be a great addition to my collection...

Detailing Wedges

unique sponge with a triangular wedge on the end! Great tool for detailing creases, openings, cracks, and hard to reach places on your car.

These can be found at www.carcrazy.net. I have no affliation with this company--it just happens that it is in my area and has great high-end products and the guys who own it are good fellows.

Nagchampa
02-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by chewy

Was browsing a favorite detailing product site and came across the product below--these seem like they would be a great addition to my collection...

Detailing Wedges

unique sponge with a triangular wedge on the end! Great tool for detailing creases, openings, cracks, and hard to reach places on your car.

These can be found at www.carcrazy.net. I have no affliation with this company--it just happens that it is in my area and has great high-end products and the guys who own it are good fellows. You would be amazed at what you can find in a dollar store. They have make-up applicator kits that come with foam wedges of all sizes and shapes as well as large cotton swabs which work great for cracks and the like.

Murrayhe
02-05-2003, 09:51 AM
What kind of cleaning agents do you guys use? Seems like water spots and wax leftovers are the most stubborn to get out.

imported_chewy
02-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Wow--never thought about hitting the dollar store for stuff--great idea--will be driving to one tonight to see what I can find!

It`s good to be a Autopian!:bounce

Accumulator
02-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Oggle- Often a sharpened toothpick or wooden stick from a detailing swab (used carefully) can remove wax/polish deposits all by itself. I just whittle it to the shape you need. Otherwise, I use Final Inspection.

The sharpened stick can also be used with a bit of cotton ball (or a pulled apart Q-tip`s cotton) to get down into crevices with a product. But watch that you don`t get it stuck down in there.