PDA

View Full Version : When to do a major detail?

Blackmirror
02-04-2003, 10:05 PM
I have a layer of AIO 4 coats of UPP, and 2 coats of KSG. How long should I wait before stripping it all off and doing it all over? What do you guys do?

imported_Intel486
02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
I plan to do it every 6 months... usually turns into every four months though :D

Patrick
02-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Im with Intel, twice a year just isnt satisfying.......Im inclined to strip and clean 3 times a yr......all the meanwhile, applying layer after layer after layer..........aint it fun ????

37buckeye
02-04-2003, 11:01 PM
In my mind, I have complete details scheduled every six months. Realistically, I tend to get antsy and do it every three to four months. Living in NJ, I find that even with multiple layers of Klasse AIO and SG, the surface of the car feels gritty after one or two months.

-ema

RegalGS
02-05-2003, 07:04 AM
I have AIOx1 and SGx2 (numerous topping coats of Souveran and S100) on my baby. They`ve been there um... 4 months now, and I noticed with my last wash that the surface is finally getting gritty to the touch. Can`t wait for spring so I can strip it all down, polish her up, and get her squeaky clean again. It`s been a rough winter, and I went a long time between washes this last time, but if this is the way it`ll be, I`m expecting every 4 months for a complete detail. I had been planning on every 6 (spring and fall), but I`m going to let my paint tell me.

TurboCat
02-05-2003, 07:34 AM
I usually do it (weather permitting) at the beginning of each new season (spring, summer, fall and winter). Although sometimes I get antsy and start earlier!!!

This has been an especially rough winter, so I am really chomping at the bit to get started! When spring comes I plan on having my new pc and metro vac n blow, so I can`t wait!!!

Only 6 weeks till spring, only 6 weeks till spring, only 6 weeks till spring...:bounce