PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still like/use zaino

Pages : [1] 2

quadcammer
02-04-2003, 06:05 PM
you all seem to have moved on to other waxes/sealants. I have been using zaino, and im still happy with it. just wondering if there was anything else i should try.

thanks

medic159
02-04-2003, 06:40 PM
I swear by Zaino and see no reason to change. :xyxthumbs

samiam513
02-04-2003, 06:44 PM
take a look at this...

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18756

This has just come to the USA (made in belgium) and hasn`t been in the market long enough over here to really get noticed.

I went on a limb and tried it becasue I needed somthing new.

I highly suggest Einszett.

Redcar GUY
02-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by DFTowel

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

raymond_ho2002
02-04-2003, 07:09 PM
My first serious detailing product was zaino, which i got about 2 months ago. I like it *very* much.. I used it on a 1993 black honda accord and i dont think the car ever shined so much before, even when we first drove it off the lot 10 years ago.

I recently got a black IS300, which is garaged nightly, kicking out the accord onto the driveway. Man i still feel bad about that.. Its like putting your own mother out on the street or something.

Anyway, i zaino`ed the IS300 too and it looks great. But since i`m so new to this, i feel like i`m being tied down to the zaino system too early on. I haven`t even had the chance to have a fling with high quality carnaubas. :( after some hard thinking, i decided to break it off with zaino for now, and to try some of that sexy lookin s100 and EFCP. ;) i figure that i`ll be getting a PC at some point to do some swirl/scratch removal, at which point zaino would have to come off anyway, so i might as well top with s100 until then. Perhaps one day i`ll be ready to go back and make a serious commitment to zaino... but for now, i`m still too young and inexperienced and feel that i want some space to do some exploration. Sorry zaino.. it`s not you, it`s me.. =D

I still keep zaino on the accord sitting outside though. i figure if i`m putting my mom out, i should at least give her a good coat for protection against the harsh outside. :D

Jngrbrdman
02-04-2003, 07:23 PM
If all you have ever used is Zaino then there are a hundred reasons to try something else. We here at Autopia aren`t your typical detail board that only praises Zaino and flames other products. We all understand that there isn`t one "end all be all" of sealants. Different strokes for different folks. Zaino is good stuff to be sure, but there are a lot more products out there than just Zaino. There aren`t a lot of things that we haven`t tried here at Autopia. Zaino definatly ranks in the top 5 on pretty much everybody`s list.

JasonC8301
02-04-2003, 07:55 PM
I still use Zaino. The next car that I will treat to Zaino is a burgundy 1999 Ford F-150. It has minor wash swirls in it so some polishing with the PC will be done followed by the Zaino paint treatment (ZFX with Z-5 or Z-2 depends on which one I feel like using.)

I have tried lots of carnaubas (Souveran, #26, Blitz, Paste Glaz are the ones I remember, got some P21S on the way), paint sealants (Klasse, Zaino, Blackfire I (didn`t care for it, good shine covers up small swirls but attracts to much dust), Platinum (on the to do list), and Meguiar`s #20. Also I used Eagle One wet polish/wax, Meguiar`s Gold Class, and other consumer waxes.

Its not moving on, its testing different waxes and sealants and using whichever one appeals to you. S100 wax seems very popular these days (I still remember when 3M IHG and Blitz was the bomb!)

I use whichever paint protectant I deem necessary on certain cars I detail. Like on a garage queen some paint cleanser and a coat or two of Souveran. On a car that sees rain and harsh weather, I would go with Klasse but if the owner takes care of the car, i use Zaino and leave behind some Z-6 and Z-7 sometimes a small vial of Z-2 whenever they feel the need for some.

It just comes down to personal preference......

drewski59
02-04-2003, 07:58 PM

Ditto:xyxthumbs :bow :D

But I do leave one fender un-Z`ed for trying out new stuff. Currently, I have Meg GC Paste on there, I had #7/s100 awhile ago, and I`m about ready to move on to BFII....

I love Zaino, but I always itch to try new stuff!

:wavey

rolle4
02-04-2003, 08:32 PM
I like Zaino very much...the shine and durability are excellent. The itch to try other things from time to time does occur so thats what I use the wife`s car for. It`s a rolling test bed for different detailing products. It`s currently covered with SEPC and two coats of S100. Ya have to love the variety of quality products we have to experiment with :xyxthumbs

Scott P
02-04-2003, 08:32 PM
I use Zaino and have introduced many friends to it (maybe I should be a distributor) and will always see myself using it. However, I am looking forward to trying other stuff for the three cars I take care of. I have a new Porter Cable for Christmas, so I am looking forward to trying out Klasse, Clearkote and maybe some P21S or S100. I have a black Grand Prix, a black/pewter Saturn and a red 70 MGB to take care of, so I am sure I will enjoy the process.

rd_volvo
02-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Detailing is like the tropical fish hobby. Ya ain`t going

to be happy with just one fish in the tank.

Just have to keep adding and upgrading.

bjwebster
02-04-2003, 11:21 PM

Zaino Is Awesome. I have lots of products, but i still swear by Zaino!

Jngrbrdman
02-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by rd_volvo

Detailing is like the tropical fish hobby. Ya ain`t going

to be happy with just one fish in the tank.

Just have to keep adding and upgrading.

That is how I feel. I can`t imagine forsaking all other products for one brand, but then I haven`t tried the might Z yet. ;) We`ll see.

bigpoppa
02-05-2003, 12:02 AM
I`ve tried several carnaubas as well as Zaino. Each have their strong and weak points, and it often varies by color. For example, I really do not like Zaino on black cars. However, I have found nothing better than Zaino on white. In addition, Zaino is much more durable than carnauba. I have not added a coat of Zaino to my car since Oct. A Z7 wash and my car is gleaming again. It sits outside 24/7.

Like many have said, we try various products, in large part out of curiosity and just the fun of it. Most non-autopians would look at you crazy if you tried to show them a difference between Zaino or Pinnacle Souveran and Turtle Wax.

ultrajim49
02-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Hi, my name is Christiaan and I have a confession to make:

[COLOR=red]I`m a Zaino C.O.D. [COLOR]

Seriously: in the winterconditions we have I begin to like Z more and more.

Christiaan