PDA

View Full Version : EEEEEE! Tide!

red sled
02-04-2003, 01:36 PM
My inlaws are in town so I let them borrow my Ford Explorer. They were just trying to be helpful but the car got dirty and they washed it this morning...with LIQUID TIDE!!! My wife just told me right now via IM. she said that she was working on the computer and didn`t know what they were doing outside until it was too late.

What should I do at this point? The paint job isn`t that great anyway but I clayed it and put zaino on it about a month ago so it was looking pretty good.

I haven`t seen the car yet. But I figured I would basically start over with the zaino process...dawn wash, wax, etc.

On the bright side:

1) at least they used liquid tide instead of powder tide

2) at least they didn`t touch the mercedes

Rock.

imported_memnuts
02-04-2003, 01:44 PM
You may not have too much of a problem. Since you had Zaino on the vehicle that Tide may not have damaged anything. It will probably just need a Z6 QD`ing. The only problem you may have is from the washing technique they used. Rags instead of wash mit, washing bottom before washing hood...:shocked .

The more I think about the worst the picture gets. The Zaino maybe intacted but scarred to He**. Good Luck:(

red sled
02-04-2003, 01:51 PM
oh yeah....I doubt they used the 2 bucket method. And they probably didn`t use my blue microfiber mitts...instead they probably found the old lambwool mitt that has been sitting in the garage for the past year (old mitt that i used to use before i got the microfiber stuff). and theyprobably washed the wheels with it and then washed the hood, etc.

oh well...what can you do but laugh right?

I didn`t take very good care of this car and it`s a 1996. So last month when I did clay it for the first time, there were a lot of contaminants and the paint job has a lot of misc. scratches and swirls from car washes, etc. I used to take it to one of those hand wash places where they basically use the same sponge to wash every car as it goes through the conveyor belt....

so it`s actually not that big of a loss.

but i bought a new car a couple of months ago and I`ve been babying that thing from day 1 with hand washes, multiple buckets, multiple coats of zaino, QD/Z7 wash every week, etc. if they would have done anything to that car it would not have been funny.

Rock.