PDA

View Full Version : Leather Seat Rash Fix?

mpawelek
02-04-2003, 09:03 AM
On the drivers side seat, side panel on backrest, I have a "rash" about the size of a fifty cent piece most probably made where the previous owner had "slid" into the seat sideways and rubbed on this area every time they entered the car. This is a Z3 and it is very low to the ground so I can see this easily happening if one is not careful. The area in question is very rough and grainy compared to the surrounding leather and a bit lighter in color. I doubt the "rash" effect can be fixed but anyone have Ideas for making the area a bit darker to match the surrounding light tan leather? So far my wife has thought of using a moistened tea bag, dabbing the area a little at a time until the color darkens just a bit, but I`m lost on this one....Thanks...Michael P.

tetz
02-04-2003, 09:28 AM
I doubt the "rash" effect can be fixed

Well, it can be patched/covered if you want it to look perfect.

I had my rash repaired by a guy that used the

surflex product. See for example www.fibrenew.com or

www.colorplus.com

Dunno if I`m allowed to post those sites...sorry if I did a faux pas.

Jngrbrdman
02-04-2003, 09:40 AM
Leatherique might be a good solution too. www.leatherique.com :xyxthumbs There have been some good reviews of it on Autopia.

Lemonxxs
02-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Leatherique has dyes to help restore colors.....you would need to find a bit of the leather under the seat to send to them though....

F1Crazy
02-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Contact leatherique, they will be familiar with your situation as they helped a lot of people in the past. I`ve seen awsome results one guy got restoring seats in his e28 M5. It required filling the scratches and dyeing the leather and it was time consuming but the seats came out perfect. I`ll try to look up the link to his site.

On a sad note the products are quite expensive.

Click here (http://home.insightbb.com/~todd.kenyon/leather.htm)