PDA

View Full Version : Einszett

samiam513
02-03-2003, 07:23 PM
I recently purchased Einszett, wanting to try somthing new.

I got it in the mail today, and the temp. was about 50 degrees. So I went to work. I washed the truck, then dried and looked at what i had before me. Some nicec swirls under halogen lights, not gonna toywith them though, too much winter left. Other than that the paint felt "clingy" when i ran my fingers over it.

I started the Einszett with the "Paint Polish". From the bottles description, this products seems like more of a chemical polish, then an abrasive one. I applied this polish with a foam app, and in circular motions. I let it haze, ,and wiped off. AWESOME shine!!

I then applied the Glanz Wax. I was surprised when I opened the bottle. It looked like water, with just a little hint of color. I immediately called the shop I got the Einszett from, and they siad it should be like this, and it is like on other wax in the "department". I thought WTH I`ll go with it. I poured it on a thick viking foam app, (same type i used for the polish)and the "Glanz Wax" dropped right through it! Luckily I bought some Meguiars yellow disc apps the other day, and they worked okay. Not perfect.

After the wax hazed, i buffed it off and said :shocked !! I could not believe what was left behind! I wa sstunned this product sold ot the mass public did such a thing. My paint was AMAZING! It looked like Zaino, was very very slick, and it didn`t take 3 hours to dry (Zaino took 3 hours in 80 deegrgee heat. Here I am in my garage in now 40 degrees sincee it got dark)

I must say this product has stunned me. I was expecting a nice shine, and to just be okay with the shine. But It exceeded that!

1-5 scale 5 being best.

Packaging - 4

Ease of use - 3 (due to the Glanz wax being soo thin, and this is still my first time)

Time taken - 3

Ability to be buffed off - 4

Looks - 4/4.5 (nothing will ever be perfect will it?)

Slickness - 3.5/4

Durability - To be tested. After 4 hours it is still lasting.

I am impressed. This product has made me a very happy person.

After a while, I`ll be adding a review to te review section.

Auto Care USA
02-03-2003, 09:26 PM
This is one of the best products that I have ever used. I second everything that you said. Buy It, you will love it.

VetteToVair
02-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by samiam513

:D

LOTA OT
02-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by samiam513

I posted a review of Einszett Glanz Wax and Metallic Polish back in October http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14858&perpage=18&pagenumber=2 . I was really impressed with the ease of use, the reflective shine, the beading and the promise of durability.

Well it`s been over 3 months (close to 4) since I applied the product, so I thought I`d follow up with a durability report. My 2002 VW Passat unfortunately lives outside and with the recent cold spell in NJ, it has not been washed in 2 months. We recently got a warm day here, so I finally got to scratch the autopian itch that has been buggin me all winter and got to wash my baby.

After 3 1/2 months, the Einszett has held up really well considering the abuse it has taken. After being covered in a good film or dirt since late November and salt for the last month, the glanz wax is still there. Beading has suffered a bit, they are still even and uniform, just a bit larger. The reflectivity is still pretty good, but it definitely is not what it started at. Overall, I couldn`t really expext more from a sealant. Has lasted quite a long time and was easy to apply.

Now if only it could give me the depth of S100. Perhaps this spring I`ll have to try a topper.

I have some pics of the 3 month status (before and after wash) at home that I`ll try to post later.

Mike

PS From what I understand. the Metallic and Paint Polish is a chemical polish, the Ultra Paint Polish has an abrasive

samiam513
02-04-2003, 06:46 PM
this morning it rained. 30 mile drive to school. Baaddddd.......

I drove, and when i got out of my truck, I looked at the beads (while everyone ran to the door trying not to get wet) and noticecd somthing different. The beads were super tight! I mean really really tight. The one thing I could think to compare them too was green peas :D !

This is awesome!

Andre'
02-07-2003, 02:10 AM
I also recomend Einszett, i applied Glanz Wax to the hood of my dads buick in late september and it still looks good, and beads water well.:up :up

Dolphin463
02-07-2003, 09:17 AM
So where is the best source online to purchase Einszett products?

LOTA OT
02-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Mike

So where is the best source online to purchase Einszett products?

There are only a few retailers in the US right now and all seem to have the same prices. Try:

http://www.parts4vws.com/index.asp

http://www.edgeracing.com/ERSTUFF/ERSTUFFHome.asp

I have bought from both and they are reputable dealers.

There is also http://fusionperf.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=11&Category_Code=E but I can`t vouge for them.

Mike

samiam513
02-07-2003, 10:04 AM
i bought mine from edge. They have peopel there who know Einszett really well.

Turbonator
02-07-2003, 12:27 PM
you can also buy einszett directly from the US importer at www.1z-usa.com or www.miman.com. before you buy anything you can ask michael for a free sample and he will be more than happy to send one out to you.:up