PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax for new Volvo S80?

djml01miata
02-03-2003, 04:48 PM
I live in a warm, rainy climate and drive a Volvo S80 with moondust metallic paint. I am using Pinnacle Wax (carnuba) and really like it so far. Is there a better product for protection? shine? Thanks

37buckeye
02-03-2003, 05:54 PM
It depends on what you`re looking for. If you want protection, you could try Klasse AIO/SG, Zaino, or Blackfire. Each of these products will last much longer compared with a carnuba.

If you like the carnuba look but don`t want to wax as frequently, One Grand Blitz Wax has a great reputation for durability. The major disadvantage with Blitz is that it stains black moulding.

What it comes down to is how often you are willing to wax (time and frequency), and whether your primary focus is on protection or shine.

There`s a wealth of info on waxes. Try doing a "Search" on wax or look through the "Reviews" section of autopia. The e-book also has a great chapter on waxing. (The wax chapter is included as one of the free chapters.)

Good luck,

-ema

Accumulator
02-03-2003, 06:38 PM
S80Man- As ema said, you could try a synthetic like Klasse, Zaino, etc., and probably get better protection. If you don`t like how it looks, you can put your Pinnacle (I`m guessing it`s Paste Glaz) over top of it.

There are a few waxes that MIGHT look better than what you`re using, like Pinnacle`s Souveran or P21S, but the differences will be pretty subtle. There are a number of waxes that will look as good or ALMOST as good but with better durability. I like Collinite`s paste waxes and 3M`s Showcar Paste Wax. For me, they have a good trade-off of durability vs. looks. But I still use Souveran sometimes ;) And if you try Blitz, heed ema`s warning about staining the black trim!

djml01miata
02-03-2003, 06:43 PM
The wax I use on the Volvo is Pinnacle Paste Glaz and, for washing the car, Pinnacle Bodyworks Shampoo. Thanks