PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove a stain?

Ken P
02-03-2003, 03:24 PM
I have had a sunroof visor on my Jetta which is Cool White for some time now. I have taken it off once and I had a yellow stain where it had been so I quickly stuck it back on there. Does anyone have any idea on what I can use to remove this yellowish stain and do away with the visor? Thanks.

Accumulator
02-03-2003, 06:21 PM
UTennis13- Welcome to Autopia. Yellow stains on white can be a pain. You might first try claying the affected area and then using something like Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. It`s just like the name sounds, and is very mild/safe. I`m sure others will chime in with their favorite paint cleaners, so see what appeals to you.

imported_Intel486
02-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Any mild compound, polish, or cleaner wax should be able the help.

I have had good sucess w/ Mother`s Cleaner wax, Pro`s Miracle Wax, and Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion. I have applied the cleaner waxes with an orbital though but PPCL I have used on white by hand to remove the yellowness in the paint.

PPCL will kind of leave a haze on dark colored paint though. Nothing going over with a mild polish like Meguiar`s #9 wouldn`t remove though.

Ken P
02-03-2003, 07:37 PM
First, thanks for the nice replies. You all have really helped me a lot. Second, where can I find and what kind of clay bar should I get? As you can see, I like in Knoxville, TN so your normal car stores surround me. I figure that I can get my hands on about anything. Lastly, where can I get Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion? This sounds like a great product and I am eager to try it.

Just this past weekend I detailed my car by first washing it, then I waxed it with Zymol cleaner wax and then finished it off with Maguier`s Gold Class. It look udderly amazing but something tells me that I need to get the clay bar in the mix.

Thanks again for your kind comments and suggestions.

Jngrbrdman
02-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Pinnacle is one of those "special" products you need to order online. If you want to get the ultimate kit then I would suggest getting the P21S kit availible at www.properautocare.com P21S GEPC is pretty much the same as Pinnacle`s PPCL. (sorry for the acronymns. there is a link on the front page if I just confused you) That kit has it all including the best carnauba you can get.

I feel your pain with those yellow stains on white. I had a leaf or something get under my nose cover and it stained my hood in a couple places. Despite all my efforts those damn yellow stains are still there. They are much less noticible now, but I know they are there and it just urks me. Don`t laugh at me now.... One of the products I used to help hide them was the Turtle Wax color wax. They faded big time after using that. I had tried everything and I was running out of options. I figured that it couldn`t hurt.