PDA

View Full Version : ClearKote

F 355
02-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Used the ClearKote product line for the first time -

First, let me say I did not give this product as much time as I would like to have. I was getting ready for a Car Show. UPS lost my order for over 10 days, so I had Everett at ClearKote overnight the same order to me. Got the stuff Saturday and show is on Sunday.

Surface was clean to start with (SMR, etc etc)

1. Quick Shine - a perfect 10.

2. Metal Polish - a perfect 10. See pix of lower differential. I did the lower half with only one pass of the Metal Polish! Mothers, Semichrome, etc could not have done nearly as good of a job.

3. Vanilla Moose - Wipe on Wipe Off - Literally that easy.

4. Moose Wax - Nothing like I ever tried before. Hard to explain, but the product is like a brown colored paste that is suspended in a clear liquid. When you shake the bottle the product seems to "roll off" the inside container leaving a clear plastic bottle.

This product has petroleum in it so for some that may be an issue. Wipe on Wipe off. I had dried on SMR and DACP that I missed around door hood edges,etc and this stuff wiped everything clean with one pass. Moose Wax leaves no white residue and leaves a nice warm glow. See Pix below.

Tried some P21S topper and it is compitable - but found it not necessary, especially after using their QD.

Also - If you want more "pop" to the paint, you can add UPP on top....also perfectly compatible.

Because I was pressed for time, I just did the Moose Wax, followed by their Quick Shine.

I got 2nd place in the show and will post a new thread on that with some pix.

F 355
02-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Here`s the look from the wax under lights....

F 355
02-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Close Up

F 355
02-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Some of the Show

F 355
02-03-2003, 08:50 AM
More show

AMP01
02-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Congrats!!! :bow :bow Your Ferarri looks great! I just love those cars.

Thanks for the review of ClearKote. It is so helpful to have a fellow Autopian try a product and get their opinion before a purchase. I think I am going to have to try the Quick Shine from all the good reports on it.

If you have tried Crystal Mist, how does the Quick Shine compare? I have just ordered some Souveran and Crystal Mist but want to try and find a more economical QD for daily usage.

Again Congrats and thanks for the review and pics!

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

imported_memnuts
02-03-2003, 10:21 AM
I also have some Clearkote Vanilla Moose and Wax that I plan to test in the near future. Thanks for the heads-up. Now I am getting anxious. Your pixs look really nice.

How would you compare the shine/gloss verses Souveran? P21S? Zaino? BF II?

The Quik Shine QD is amazing stuff.

I find the Metal Polish as a good product for a final shine/buff product but I found by using a slightly strong polish first ( Super Shine Metal Madness) and following with the Clearkote metal polish that I got better results. The Clearkote polish really leaves an excellent final gloss.

Congrats again on your Car Show results.:xyxthumbs :wavey

Scottwax
02-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Great job in the car show!

Nice review of the Clearkote products also. I`ve noticed the same thing with Moose Wax concerning the appearance. You are right, like nothing else! Despite the slightly odd appearance, the stuff works great. I`d say the Vanilla Moose/Moose Wax combo is very similar to S100 SEPC/S100 in reflectivity, gloss and depth. Same ease of use.

I`m looking forward to more (and at least slightly larger) pics.