PDA

View Full Version : After waxing do you QD?

Pages : [1] 2

Richt
02-03-2003, 07:22 AM
Im in the process of trying to import both some quickshine and Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl Instant Detail Spray. I currently use Megs Fi cos i can get it in the uk after washing and but not waxing. he car always looks amazing , and a P21s provides no dust, i dont even feel the need to wipe the car down after waxing? Willthe car look even better if Qd after waxing with one of these?

Ive gone for the Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl Instant Detail Spray as i can order it from CMA along with some p21s and S100 in bulk!!!! and cos i wanted a carnuba based qd that would ad some shine, and quikshine seems good in the reviews. Will i notice any difference?

imported_chewy
02-03-2003, 07:42 AM
I think you`ll like the results when you use a QD after a wax. I have been using Eagle One Wipe and Shine after all washes and waxes and I think it really enhances the shine and removes any wax residue that I might have missed. It seems to be that last little thing that really brings a good detailing session to a close.:xyxthumbs

Richt
02-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Nice one, ive alway been so pleased with the P21s looks ive not been compelled to do it, i will give it a try after waxing then!

Richt
02-03-2003, 08:40 AM
I know it may seem like over kill i wash and wax every week! P21s is just so easy to use!

GP Infinity
02-03-2003, 09:27 AM
I agree with Chewy.. it goes really very fast.. some even QD after the wash and before the polish or wax.. your call..

Dana

Altimazzz
02-03-2003, 12:13 PM
I QD 99% of the time after I wax. Inevitably there is some spot that I didn`t see the first time that I get when I go over with QD. It cleans off any residue left that may have flaked as well.

Richt
02-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Good point, a double check! Part of me felt that the QD might actually remove some of the wax?

imported_Luster
02-03-2003, 12:26 PM
I usually Z-6 after every wash, if time permits.

Makes my car look like this!:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/6491hoodreflect.jpg

Richt
02-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Always QD after a wash to, i was just worried about qd detracting from the p21s finish.

rd_volvo
02-03-2003, 12:48 PM
I think every wax company I talked to said not

to QD right after wax cause carnauba needs

to harden a little. But in detailing everyone has

their own preference.

Preachers Sheets
02-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Luster - That`s some nice looking GM paint. I have a Chevy Camaro and the paint is not perfectly smooth. I wish I had the Chevy motor and Porsche paint, best of both worlds.

Looks like you spend alot of time on your car :up

imported_erock
02-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by chewy

I think you`ll like the results when you use a QD after a wax. I have been using Eagle One Wipe and Shine after all washes and waxes and I think it really enhances the shine and removes any wax residue that I might have missed. It seems to be that last little thing that really brings a good detailing session to a close.:xyxthumbs

Eagle One Wipe and Shine? I`m sorry in new, what exactly is this product? You put it on AFTER you wax? What wax do you use? I`m using Meg. GC, would the Eagle One stuff be good to use after waxing with MGC? Sorry for all the n00b questions....

Preachers Sheets
02-03-2003, 09:29 PM
I haven`t really every paid attention to what QD spray effects which wax/sealent in specific wasys but I do feel it helps the shine no matter which QD spray you use on any wax/sealent.

I feel it add`s a protective barrier (thin and not very effective but it is still there) and it gives my red car more of a dark shade to it which is well needed since people ask me if my Camaro is orange at night.

It may sound dorky but I feel the QD completes the wax/sealent protection system.

MnRiverman
02-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by rd_volvo

I think every wax company I talked to said not

to QD right after wax cause carnauba needs

to harden a little. But in detailing everyone has

their own preference.

:up: :up:

I usually leave my car in the garage for a day after I zymol so it can "cure". Then I`ll go the next day with some Mothers Showtime.

- Anthony

imported_chewy
02-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Erock:

Below is the product description for EO Wet Wipe and Shine from CMA. I never thought about stripping any wax off by using a QD after a wax, but I really don`t think using a product like this will hurt. As the product description below points out, it does a great job of taking any haziness away after waxing--particularly if you were in a hurry and did not buff the wax off correctly. I have used this QD on Meguiars Gold Class, Meg`s #26, 3M Showcar paste wax, Collinite 476 and Meg`s #20 Polymer Sealant--have had great results on all of these products. I hope to soon add S100 to the list--as soon as the darn weather warms up.

"Reduce static dust attraction and renew that just-waxed look!

Eagle One Wet Wipe N` Shine removes surface dust while renewing and enhancing the wax shine. The unique TEFLON formula provides non-streaking, anti-static protection on paint, chrome, rubber, glass and plastic.

Use Wipe N`Shine after washing or anytime to restore that "just detailed" shine. Wet Wipe N`Shine also removes streaks, smears and cloudiness that can occur after polishing and/or waxing.

Black cars are notorious for showing hazy or cloudy patches after waxing. If this occurs on your car, simply spray the surface with Wipe N`Shine and wipe with a dry terry towel or microfiber towel.

Wipe N`Shine removes streaks, smears & haze on black finishes.

Detailing Tip #1: Spray your applicator with Wet Wipe N`Shine while applying wax or surface protectants like Klasse All-In-One. The high lubricity formula makes application easier and you`ll use less wax or sealant..

Removes dried wax residues around emblems.

Detailing Tip #2: Use Wipe N`Shine to remove wax residues around trim moldings and emblems. Spray a detailing swab or Q-Tip with Wipe N`Shine and wipe around emblems where towels can`t reach. Dried wax residues in body seams can also be removed by spraying the seam and wiping with a towel (or try the Q-Tip method if a towel will not get into the seam).

Usage Tips:

Do not use on extremely dirty or hot surfaces.

Spray a light mist on painted surface.

Wipe with a clean terry towel or microfiber towel.

If you`re a car care perfectionist or if you own a black car, you`ll find this product invaluable. ":bounce :bounce