PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for building Klasse HG layer to daily driver

garageboy
02-03-2003, 01:46 AM
This is my first post to the Autopia website. So far I`ve been observing and using the search function to answer my questions. I came to know this website from Greg, we are from BMWM5.com website. The amount of information that this website contains is unbeliveable. It matches the Library of Alexandria of Egypt (ok, that`s too much, but you get the idea). I trust this website when it comes to making my car look blindingly shiny:xyxthumbs

[/p]

OK, enough formality. Now on to business. My car is black, with clear coat and only 1.5 years old. It is my daily driver and sits all time outside exposed to the elements. And this time of the year it rains almost everyday. Recently I`ve got access to another daily driver, which is grey, that I can use (to prevent black car from all kind of road dirt) until I finish building layer of Klasse HG and Pinnacle Souveran on the black car.

[/p]

My question is how can I build layers of Klasse HG and Pinnacle Souveran while between layers the car is exposed to rain and dust, or even if it`s possible. I know that Klasse HG and Souveran need 24 hr and 12 hr ,respectively, cure time between layer, assuming dry car, not soaked in rain. What I`ve done so far is use Meguiars Final Inspection #34 before applying the next layer of Klasse HG at a self service car wash place.

garageboy
02-03-2003, 02:15 AM
hehe, I forgot to mention what I`ve done the black car so far.

1. washed with Dawn

2. Meguiar`s clar bar applied with #34 FI

3. Meguiar`s P Paint Cleaner appllied with machine (yellow pad) to get rid of stubborn water spot and a "W A S H M E" mark left by some idiot)

4. Meg`s Swirl Remover 2.0 applied with machine (white pad)

5. Klasse AIO by hand 2 layers

6. Klasse SG by hand incomplete.

One more question is, why SG needs to be cured since it`s synthetic? It`s not like carnauba that needs to harden.

raymond_ho2002
02-03-2003, 02:27 AM
Ok, this is a little confusing.. You`re asking what kind of preparation is needed before you put HG or souveran on your car? Assuming that the car`s not THAT dirty, then follow the directions on this thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8597&highlight=duster+quick

-----

Originally posted by blackmonster

My question is how can I build layers of Klasse HG and Pinnacle Souveran while between layers the car is exposed to rain and dust, or even if it`s possible. I know that Klasse HG and Souveran need 24 hr and 12 hr ,respectively, cure time between layer, assuming dry car, not soaked in rain. What I`ve done so far is use Meguiars Final Inspection #34 before applying the next layer of Klasse HG at a self service car wash place.

garageboy
02-03-2003, 03:24 AM
sorry for the confusion

I guess the real question is: Can I cure Klasse SG and Pinnacle Souveran in rain?

I guess I will open a new thread to clear the confusion

bpantherone
02-03-2003, 11:35 PM
I built up 5 layers of SG on my Maxima last September-October, before the cold weather hit, putting on a layer each weekend. I washed, clayed & used AIO before the first layer of SG, washed with Meg`s GC before each subsequent layer, then topped the final layer with Souveran.

Since it was a week between layers, curing time wasn`t an issue.

So far, it`s held up pretty well through what`s been a pretty hard winter for this area.

Once you put on Souveran (or any other carnauba), I don`t believe you can add any more layers of SG, since it won`t adhere to the carnauba.