PDA

View Full Version : GC & Mequiars #7

imported_erock
02-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Since GC is a wax and #7 is a polish would I be able to lay a coat of GC over the #7 or would it be defeating the purpose?

samiam513
02-02-2003, 08:32 PM
somone please correct me if i am wrong, but a glaze fills. Un glazed donuts are rough and pourous,a ,nd glazed doughnuts are smooth becasue those pores were filled.

Polish is an abrasive. So that would make a glaze not a polish.

I may be wrong, so wait for an elder to chime in.

forrest@mothers
02-02-2003, 09:49 PM
#7 is a glaze (Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze Show Car Glaze), not a polish. The real problem is Gold Class wax has cleaners in it (albeit mild, but still cleaners).

The cleaners in GC will remove the #7. If you`re looking for something to put over #7, I`d suggest a wax without any cleaners in it, like #26.

jimmybuffit
02-02-2003, 10:29 PM
This for the uninitiated...

Did you notice that forrest just suggested a product not produced by his company?

Stellar move. Since the poster was discussing Meguiar`s products, Forrest stayed with the logic of the thread.

Therefore, allow me to say that Mother`s has a fine carnauba product equivalent (at least) to Mequair`s #26. He could have mentioned it...

Jim

VetteToVair
02-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Keep in mind the meguiars polish/glaze confusion. dont let the terminology fool you.

shaf
02-03-2003, 03:40 AM
What Stanger said. Meguiar`s sometimes muddies product terminology by referring to glaze as "polish".

While I`m here, I`d also like to plug Mothers Glaze (yes, the retail stuff). :D Run a search on it and you`ll find most people who have used it rate it highly. It`s the only one I`ve ever tried, but I like it enough that I`m not going to bother experimenting more.

imported_Intermezzo
02-03-2003, 02:07 PM
As forrest suggested, I would use #26 whenever you use #7 first. As for MGC, I would save it for days when you, for some reason, do not use #7 first.

Add me to the list of Mothers Sealer/Glaze fans. It`s an amazing product that is extremely easy to work with. In my experience, I`ve found that Mother`s products in general perform very well and are very user-friendly. Perhaps that`s why two of Mother`s waxes finished in the top ten in the Guru Reports Wax Test.