PDA

View Full Version : Okay! Pay attention... getting married in US later this year!!!

imported_Faceman
02-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi guys,

Right - listen uo - important stuff ahead!

Getting married this year - but coming to US tho` and gonna get married in Las Vegas (October, if any Autopians wanna come and get P**sed up!) and then spending a week in San Francisco.

Now............ while I`m in Las Vegas and San Francisco, I will want to be visiting some auto body/auto care stores to stock up on goodies...

... things like quality MF towels, wash mitts, waxes, polishes, etc, etc, etc,

What store chains should I be looking for ? names, etc ? where would you guys go for your supplies?

I`m in Vegas for 10 days (I know - gonna be broke!) and then San Francisco for 6 days (I know, gonna be even more broke! - well according to my travel guide books anyway, due to high cost of stuff in S.F.).

Also, where do I have to go for THE BEST steaks in Vegas and S.F.?

By the way, gotta make sure I have time for the marital stuff, so I have to take an hour off! :D :D :D :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Wish me luck!

Face

Jngrbrdman
02-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Congrats on the upcoming marriage. :) What I would suggest is to send some money to a local autopian here in the states and have them order stuff for you and then just pick it up from them. Most of what we purchase is purchased online and not necessarily from stores. Just a thought. :xyxthumbs

Ktulu
02-02-2003, 08:01 PM
What about Tejas!?!

imported_Faceman
02-02-2003, 08:05 PM
God, you guys are fast (it`s 1am here in the UK - and I`ve had a few beers, too... still, the typings, not too bad!)!

Like the idea, Jngrbrdman (by the way, what exactly is jngrbrdman short for/mean?????), but figured what better way to kill a few hours than wandering around a auto body store with my male-half of my wedding party, getting the instant gratification of spending a few $$$$$$$, before hitting several lap-dancing establishments???

Face

imported_Faceman
02-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Tejas!

What`s that?

Please explain?

Thanks

Face

Jngrbrdman
Originally posted by Faceman

Like the idea, Jngrbrdman (by the way, what exactly is jngrbrdman short for/mean?????)...

LOL Long story, bro. It means "Gingerbread Man" since you are wondering though. Long ago when I first got on the internet I had to pick a screen name. Gingerbread Man was too long so I tried to cut it down. Gingrbrdman was taken...Gngrbrdman was taken...and so on. I finally had to settle for Jngrbrdman. I`ve had it for about 6 or 7 years now so I`m pretty much stuck with it.

Edit: Tejas = Texas (I think)

Redcar GUY
Originally posted by Faceman

(by the way, what exactly is jngrbrdman short for/mean?????),

it means, Autopian, car, care care, freak, obsessed, nice guy, and a few other things that I cant post because they will post as ******** lol J/K Jnger

imported_Faceman
02-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the congrats!

Got engaged about 7 years ago, tho! (took a long time to make sure tho`)

Come on peeps, need to make sure this is a stag night/batchelor partyy to remember!!!!

Ta

Face

Ktulu
02-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Redcar GUY

it means, Autopian, car, care care, freak, obsessed, nice guy, and a few other things that I cant post because they will post as ******** lol J/K Jnger

OMG, rofl!!

Ya, come to texas and I`ll hook you up with some MAD filet mignon.

TurboCat
02-02-2003, 08:25 PM
What specifically are you looking for? Do you have specific products you are seeking out?

Keep in mind that you might have problems taking some things back that might be under pressure, such as aerosol cans, etc. and things considered hazardous for air travel.

Also consider any duty you might have to pay...!

forrest@mothers
02-02-2003, 09:52 PM
how about:

3) The Steak House at the Luxor

2) The Palm, in the forum at Ceasar`s

and my favorite,

1) Smith & Wollensky`s

Sorry, don`t know a single thing about those (alledged) lap dancing establishments.

medic
02-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Ruth Chris is a nice steakhouse. Should have one in SF since it`sin most major cities.

There`s a place in MGM called Chopsteaks that`s supposed to be pretty good (got a zagat`s award).

debric
02-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Another vote for the Luxor steakhouse. :up :up