PDA

View Full Version : Rain-X alternatives?

2rocky2
02-02-2003, 03:23 AM
I guess the subject says it... been looking for a good one, since Rain-X is alcohol based and kills my wipers :(

shaf
02-02-2003, 05:36 AM
Hi..... Hercules....? :D

Have you tried searching this subject? It`s been covered greatly in the past.

Also, are you sure it`s the Rain-X ruining your wipers? The alcohol in it is long-gone by the time you`re done applying, and it should just leave a slick coating on the glass. The most common reasons I hear for switching (if I recall) are usually wiper streaking or short life.

Try a title search on "rain-x" and you should see a bunch of useful threads there. I got 20 hits on that. :xyxthumbs

drewski59
02-02-2003, 04:09 PM
I`m currently using STP Visionblade, aka Aquapel. It`s just Aquapel under the STP label. Only now is it showing signs of quitting, after 7 months!!!:bow

Here in Seattle, with the TON of rain we get, I say I`m pretty impressed. It beads and rolls off better than Rain-X. It is pricey($10.99 for one application), but it goes on and buffs way easier than Rain-X! And it lasts a whole lot longer!:xyxthumbs

As soon as it gives out, I`ll try Zaino on the windows all around. Perfect optical clarity and whatnot, it shouldn`t affect the clarity of the glass at all.

:wavey

NattyBumppo
02-02-2003, 07:28 PM
You can get Aquapel at a very good discount right now with free shipping at autoint.

Natty

Scottwax
02-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Clearkote`s Quikshine. Not only is it a great QD, but is works great on glass. Water rolls off very well, it seems to last longer than Rain X and the wipers are quieter.

GP Infinity
02-02-2003, 08:11 PM
I was going to do a poll or post on QD`ing your windows and see what people thought.. I did do a post on using my PC on my windows.. I tried it out on the shower and even the wife thought it came out pretty good.. but its one thing to do shower doors its another to do the windshield...

Dana

Chuckmotor
02-02-2003, 09:23 PM
I use Rain Block, which is exactly like Rain-X except it`s a couple bucks cheaper. Available at Wal-Mart

2rocky2
02-03-2003, 04:28 AM
Does Aquapel prevent fogging too?

Also, it`s $10.99 per SINGLE application? Only one car can be done with it?

And how long does it really last? 7 months seems a stretch :)

imported_memnuts
02-03-2003, 10:36 AM
I just submitted a review about a glass detailing product that works in a manner that does not have the problems of products like RainX. Please read.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&threadid=18731

I maintain the gloss with frequent QD`ing with Quik Shine (Clearkote):xyxthumbs