PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG cure time

schoi
02-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Well, I dawn washed and SMR`d, and I`m about to go do AIO and SG. If I get the SG on there before I go to sleep tonight, do you think that I could top that with P21S tomorrow afternoon instead of waiting a full 24 hours? Or should I really get an extra layer of SG on there? I haven`t really seen that big of a difference in layering Klasse.

imported_Intel486
02-02-2003, 01:09 AM
How many layers of Klasse SG did you get on?

I had four coats on my truck before I topped with Klasse SG and it looked really good.

You know... I kind of miss the whole Klasse SG thing. I might go back to it and just keep Profection for my customer`s cars.

schoi
02-02-2003, 01:17 AM
How many layers of SG? Well, actually, I did a search and found out that there`s a few people that think that, if you`re gonna top Klasse w/ P21S or whatever, then you may as well skip the SG. Which I did. And, it looks great =)

But before today, I had 2 or 3 x SG topped w/ P21S, and that looked great, too, although I just finished this Dawn + SMR + AIO + P21S combo (it`s 12:10 AM right now) and I have yet to get it in the sun to check on it. Under garage lighting and the obsession light, though, it looks great. :xyxthumbs

shaf
02-02-2003, 04:44 AM
Then why are you even asking? ;)

Personally though I`d put on at least 2 coats, if for no other reason than even coverage. Somehow the idea of just one coat doesn`t sit right with me.

schoi
02-02-2003, 02:14 PM
lol, I know, my bad. When I posted, I was planning on putting on SG (this was last night) and then topping w/ P21S this afternoon. But when I did a search about skipping SG, I found a few posts saying that if you`re gonna go w/ P21S right after AIO, you might as well skip SG. Apparently, "Terry from CMA" also suggested this.