PDA

View Full Version : Gepc + S100

Pages : [1] 2 3

Murrayhe
02-01-2003, 08:44 PM
I`m thinking about giving up on Zaino and trying out S100.

Now, I have GEPC on my car and after its application there is a layer of shiny polish left on my car. Am I supposed to wash that off prior to applying S100 or should I just apply right on top of it?

AMP01
02-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Oggle,

Just apply S100/P21S right on top of the GEPC. Wipe it on and then wipe it off, no need to let it haze! It is as simple as that.

I usually apply the wax to aprox. 1/4 of the hood of my 740iL and then wipe/buff it off.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

JAGOWNER1981
02-01-2003, 09:20 PM
s100 right over the gepc is the best! very good look, dont wash unless u are going to use sealant.

GP Infinity
02-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Oggle

I`m thinking about giving up on Zaino and trying out S100.

Now, I have GEPC on my car and after its application there is a layer of shiny polish left on my car. Am I supposed to wash that off prior to applying S100 or should I just apply right on top of it?

I`ll get flamed for this one but you are smart to do it.. its a much easier and simpler process.. its pretty cheap too.. I am a convert to S100.. Thanks to Scottwax.. its all his fault.. LOL

Dana

qsfanzone
02-01-2003, 11:32 PM
GEPC goes on first and then follow with the S100. Great combination. :xyxthumbs

Murrayhe
02-02-2003, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Went the the local Harley Davidson and bought 2 S100`s. Now I have all these Zaino bottles I won`t be using anymore. :(

Murrayhe
02-02-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by AlBoston

s100 right over the gepc is the best! very good look, dont wash unless u are going to use sealant.

Sealant? What is the purpose of putting sealant on top of S100?

Also, I still have Zaino Z6. Can I still use that to touch up or will that remove S100?

imported_TAZ
02-02-2003, 05:26 AM
What Alboston is saying is not to wash off the GEPC unless you are going to use a sealant because the oils and such in the GEPC might cause a sealant to not bond properly with the paint. But the S100 will bond just fine.

Also, did you read my pm yet?:)

JAGOWNER1981
02-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Oggle

Sealant? What is the purpose of putting sealant on top of S100?

Also, I still have Zaino Z6. Can I still use that to touch up or will that remove S100?

oh Oggle.... u shouldnt have had any trouble with the zaino, did u follow my instructions i posted on MBWorld? Anyway S100 is great stuff I use both :). If u dont want your zaino I will gladly take it off your hands. and yes Z6 will work fine with S100.

Scottwax
02-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by dboat

I`ll get flamed for this one but you are smart to do it.. its a much easier and simpler process.. its pretty cheap too.. I am a convert to S100.. Thanks to Scottwax.. its all his fault.. LOL

Dana

:) It`s not like I twisted your arm or anything like that!

GP Infinity
02-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

:) It`s not like I twisted your arm or anything like that!

;) Well the kickback doesnt hurt either....

:wavey

Dana

imported_Intermezzo
02-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by dboat

I`ll get flamed for this one but you are smart to do it.. its a much easier and simpler process..

:::::Fueling up my flame thrower with high octane gas:::: LoL, j/k.

I actually had a hard time deciding between Z & P21S on my sister`s new car. We decided to go with P21S and after finishing the car, I`m convinced we made the right decision! She marveled at how easy it was to wipe on & buff out each product.

Scottwax
02-03-2003, 05:46 PM
I think Dana is more referring to the initial application of Zainos over P21S since a Dawn wash is not required or any of the other steps you need to take when first using Zainos.

In any event, I think anyone who uses the S100/P21S combo will be more than pleased with the results. :up

Tim Lingor
02-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey thanks alot also Scottwax, because of you I am ordering 3 more cans of S100 to go along with the 3 I just bought!!

You guys are costing me alot of money!!! Since joining, see pic. See what I am mean!! Darn you guys!!;) :xyxthumbs

Riccar
02-03-2003, 09:53 PM
I have a three month old silver Passat. I have been using Zaino since i bought it and thought it looked great. I have also been using S100 on my wife`s car and have always been impressed with the finish. The Zaino seemed a bit too "plasticky" on my silver car, so last week i decided to strip Zaino off, used S100 SEPC and then S100 Carnauba. The silver finish now literally glows. This combo cannot be beat. I have been trying all sorts of waxes over the years. Meguiar`s Gold Class, Medallion, Eagle One Wet Polish, Liquid Glass, Zymol, Turtle Extreme, Emerald, Liquid Lustre, Armorall, Rain Dance and countless others, none can compare to the ease and finsh of S100.

:bow