PDA

View Full Version : What can I do?

416 Auto
02-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Got a question for the pro`s out there.

A customer of mine bought a used car. 1998 Sebring convertable, anyways when he bought it they had it detailed and the shop put a coat of Master sheild paint sealer on it. The product is made by a company called value-gaurd. The dealers that use this product say it`s good for three years. I have posted before and researched this product and find that it is actually good for 6 months to a year. Anyways back to my question. My customer has swirl marks in his paint and it has just been sealed. Can I take this stuff off? And if so how? Will alchol work or Dawn dish soap like with wax? Or can I just compound right over this stuff, polish , then re-seal it. This customer is a fanatic and I don`t want to wait until it where s off.

Thanks Clint.

Jngrbrdman
02-01-2003, 02:05 PM
ValuGuard is good stuff. More can be learned about it from www.autoint.com :up Showroom Lincoln will be able to help you with that too. Shoot him a PM maybe.

jimmybuffit
02-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Valugard/Automotive International also makes the "ABC system" to neutralize a paint finish. It is designed to remove just about anything from the clearcoat surface, including Mopar Mastershield paint sealer.

Jim

416 Auto
02-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Thanks alot for all your help. I actually went to the website you linked me to and I sell the valu-gaurd line now......Funny how it works.....................And yes it is awsome stuff, NO BS it`s great .

Thanks.////////////////// Clint