PDA

View Full Version : Just finished a HUGE job

Pages : [1] 2

George M.
02-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Wow that was tireing. My neighbor is having a party. and she was sending over customers galore. i detailed 2 cars, and 2 vans tonight in the dark. it was terrible. dark and raining .lol.

Tongiht i have...

Washed and waxed 4 vehicles.

Cleaned interior on 3 vehicles

clayed 1 vehicle.

Too bad it was dark. i woulda liked to get photos. and i couldnt even see my results since i was working with poor light. well.. i got 105 dollars for 4 cars and 5 hours. not bad for a nights work.

Nagchampa
02-01-2003, 12:25 AM
$105 total or $105 each? If that is total, you have really low rates.

George M.
02-01-2003, 12:43 AM
total. i have really low rates. for a wash wax int. i charge between 20-30 bucks based on size. nobody takes a 16 year old detailer seriously so i have to have low rates, but as i get better known i will slowly up them. i dont see charging 100 bucks each when i use 15 dollars in product on each vehicle. and i use their water, and their yard.:nixweiss

35 bucks for a full detail including clay.

PakShak
02-01-2003, 12:47 AM
I hope that "1" in front of $105 was a typo...:)

Wow, your really giving them a really good deal. I would consider it stealing from you...:D I think you have to price yourself accordingly to what other detailers charge in your area. Because your starting out maybe this will help get referrals but don`t keep the prices deflated too much longer. You also have to make a living too.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

George M.
02-01-2003, 12:55 AM
the only other detailers charge like. 75 for a full detail. so i have to compete and give a reason for people to do it with me, instead of taking it it. i advertise as. INTRODUCTORY OFFER. so i can change price come spring. When i get a job elsewhere. this will just be money on the side. i am trying for a job at a detailing place though

jimmybuffit
02-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Now you can buy the lights...

Jim

George M.
02-01-2003, 01:13 AM
yea, but i cant. lol. i probably get another 60$ 2morrow cos im working too. but my truck is having engine problems. It is misfiring and ive already replaced the spark plugs and wires. so i will have to take it in to see what is left to do. :-/ but anything left goes to my light fund

George M.
02-01-2003, 01:15 AM
oh yea. and my back also hurts alot for crouching for 5 hours

PakShak
02-01-2003, 01:48 AM
And your thighs and Gluteus Maximus will be sore in the next day or two...:D Been there done that.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

evensteven
02-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Roderigo.....

i`m willing to say that you did a better job than the guy you mention who charges 75 beans!!!!!!!!

keep the faith!!!!!

never short yourself!!!!!!!

PS.... DRINK PLENTY OF WATER !!!!!!

PEACE

LONG GOLD

billium
02-01-2003, 10:17 AM
A 16 year old that is willing to work 5 hours for a little over $100.00? Holy smokes, most 16 year olds I know (I have a daughter about your age) wouldn`t work half that amount of time for twice the money. My hat is off to you, sir!

I understand your philosophy of really low rates to get business started. How many of these folks will come back a second or third time when you raise your rates to something reasonable? Just don`t give your talent away too cheaply.

That said, again, hats off to you!

Bill

evensteven
02-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Are you that guy in the mens warehouse commericial, that

says over and over .....my hats off to you...LOL

PEACE

LONG GOLD

billium
02-01-2003, 12:02 PM
but hopefully not that dorky (although my kids would disagree).

Anyway, hats o......................... oh, nevermind.

Bill

(a/k/a Men`s Warehouse spokesman wanna be)

George M.
02-01-2003, 01:10 PM
yup. im feeling it today.. got a chance to see the cars this morning. they look great if i do say so myself. One small spot by the wheel well but a little QD took care of that.. Hats of to me! lol

offcenter
02-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Roderigo,

Your labor is worth more than that! You are giving customers a service that they cannot or will not do on their own. Please increase your prices. If your customers are happy with the work you did, ask them to refer other people but charge a bit more buddy. Your age is secondary- it`s your work that counts. ;)