PDA

View Full Version : 5 week vacation = unremovable water spots

Heartsrundry
08-02-2004, 03:40 AM
So, i get back from vacation and i goto wash my car. I left the car out on the street and due to sprinkelers, on the passenger side of the car, there is un-removable water spots (from washing that is). How would i go about removing these spots. The car was waxed right before i left. I also have water spots on the windshield and windows that wont come off with washing. What should i do and use?

JaredPointer
08-02-2004, 07:58 AM
I recently saw a post about using green alcohol. That`s new to me!! ALso, you could try a vinegar and water mix...soak a towel in it and lay it on an area where the spots are and then wipe it off. Hopefully some one else can give you a better idea or instructions. Hope you can get them off!

tiuser
08-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Heartsrundry
So, i get back from vacation and i goto wash my car. I left the car out on the street and due to sprinkelers, on the passenger side of the car, there is un-removable water spots (from washing that is). How would i go about removing these spots. The car was waxed right before i left. I also have water spots on the windshield and windows that wont come off with washing. What should i do and use?

I had the same problem on a flame red Dodge. For the windows I used the Diamondite system, PAC carries it
http://premiumautocare.com/diglclsycoki.html

For the paint I used Meg`s Medallion Paint cleaner and ALOT of elbow grease (wish I had my PC then :wall ) PAC also carries this
http://premiumautocare.com/megmedprempa1.html

I followed up with polishing.

EBPcivicsi
08-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Sometimes the old sprinkler systems have metal pipes. When the water passes through them they pick up the minerals in the pipes and deposit them on your paint.

I have seen cars that were waxed have irreversable damage done to them in a few hours by sprinlers + sun.

Without seeing them it is hard to say, but be prepared to live with at least some of them.

Beemerboy
08-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Light cut compound is what I used to cut on the apint. I used chrome polish on the windows, and that cut it. I recently brough some glass spot cleaner at a Jantoral place that cuts the crap out of the watrer spots. It called Gem spot remover

treestand
08-02-2004, 01:16 PM
I had good luck with Poorboys SSR1 on the paint and Poorboys Professional Polish on the glass on a car that had month old water spots from sprinklers

Heartsrundry
08-02-2004, 02:20 PM
I dont really wanna go out and buy anything.... i will try using my orbital buffer with polish. i`ll also try the vinegar/water mix. i`ll use that one first. Would stoners take the spots off the glass? Thanx everyone!

tiuser
08-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Heartsrundry
I dont really wanna go out and buy anything.... i will try using my orbital buffer with polish. i`ll also try the vinegar/water mix. i`ll use that one first. Would stoners take the spots off the glass? Thanx everyone!

I use Stoners, but it didn`t work on my water spots--I needed a little uumph to get my glass clean. Can`t hurt to try it on yours though.

Heartsrundry
08-03-2004, 07:03 PM
maybe simple green on the windows? i havent done anything yet.....im lazy.