PDA

View Full Version : P21S ???`s

imported_Faceman
01-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Hello,

I`ve now decided which wax i`m gonna order from the US - the P21S. Is there anything else I should get from the P21S range to compliment it, ie. the shampoo, GEPC, etc?

Would another quality shampoo like Meguiars gold cass work just as well?

Don`t know how much it`s gonna cost to ship to the UK though.

Can P21S be layered sucessfully? How long do I have to wait between layers? An hour or so, or more like overnight?

Any other comments on the P21S, guys?

Thank you,

Face

Jngrbrdman
01-31-2003, 11:34 AM
The P21S kit is a very worthwhile purchase. It has the shampoo, GEPC, wheel cleaner and carnauba wax. They are all top notch products that will make you very very happy. Very worth the money spent. If you are going to spend the money then you might as well get some of the best products out there for what you are doing. The only product in the kit that may not be necessary would be the shampoo because you could use Gold Class and get just as good of results probably. The GEPC and wheel cleaner make it all worth it though. Plus its all in its own case. CMA has it on their site if you wanted to look at it. Where are you going to be ordering this from?

imported_memnuts
01-31-2003, 11:51 AM
I definitely recommend the GEPC. I have not used the shampoo or the wheel cleaner but as Jngrbrdman stated that the kit is a great idea especially since you are living overseas. Both the P21S wax and GEPC will last you forever. So after the initial purchase and probably high shipping/customs cost you will not have to worry for awhile.

I am surprised that P21S products are not obtainable in Europe being that it is a German product.:nixweiss

:wavey

imported_Faceman
01-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Jngrbrdman: I am going to order it from www.properautocare.com - This is CMA I believe? I`ve just seen this kit and this is defo what I will be getting!

blkZ28Conv: Hadn`t thought about getting it from Europe - probably lower shipping and no import tax (bless the EU - so long as England isn`t in it!!!!). Any idea where to start looking for it - any euro car websites you know of?

I was going to be buying the 3M Swirl Remover (as my black car has quite a few swirls I was going to try to get rid off) and the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Would you recommend that I still get these products, or will the P21S do everything that the 3M stuff will do.

I`m really looking forward to getting this stuff and better detailing weather? All snow and ice at the moment!

How many coats should I get from the wax? my car is a 3 dorr small-ish hatchback?

And I can layer the P21S wax, can`t I?

Cheers guys

Face

imported_memnuts
01-31-2003, 12:09 PM
I`ll try to do a search and see if I can come up with any European sources. Check with CMA and see if they have any special rates for you guys across the Pond. They are extremely good people to do business with.

IHG and GEPC are equivalent products. GEPC is sooooo much easier to use and the rewards are outstanding. I have a quart (~ 1 liter) of IHG that I will probably never use because of the GEPC. Do not get me wrong the IHG is a wonderful product but after using GEPC, IHG seems so work intensive.

imported_Faceman
01-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Lovely, thanks for the tips, guys.

blkZ28Conv: If you can find a european source that would be well handy! Found www.iauto.co.uk, but they only seem to sell the wheel cleaner, but will try phonig them on Monday to see if the sell it. You never know.

So, with what I will have, would this be the correct order of usage:

1) Wash car with P21S shampoo and dry.

2) Go over car by hand with 3M Swirl Remover.

3) Go over car using GEPC.

4) Finally add one or more layers of P21S.

I also have in my arsenal of products, Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, which is, I believe, a sealer. Between which steps would you use this product?

Thanks very much,

Face

Jngrbrdman
01-31-2003, 12:25 PM
P21S layers very well. It looks best if you wait a day between coats, but you can definatly layer it. :xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
01-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Faceman,

That is the only source have have found also (http://www.iauto.co.uk,/). That is a good thing. Now you know that you can get the wheel cleaner kit close by if you decide to continue to use it after getting the CMA kit. With that in mind calling them would be a good idea. If they can obtain one P21S product they should have access to other P21S products. If I find anything I will let you know.

imported_Faceman
01-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Is P21S EXACTLY the same as S100?

The www.iauto.co.uk stock various S100 products and if it is very definately the same, then I may as well get that.

Fank you,

Face

evensteven
01-31-2003, 03:37 PM
fank -you face man

imported_memnuts
01-31-2003, 03:39 PM
Sir you have hit the mother load.

GEPC = SEPC

P21S = S100

Do not confuse the S100 spray" Detail + Wax " with P21S/S100 paste wax.

:xyxthumbs

csssaint12
01-31-2003, 03:50 PM
Harley Davidson dealer here usually carry s100 for $14.95 (us).

I checked http:\\www.harley-davidson.com and found 6 dealers

in the UK. Who knows, maybe they have it.

Lowejackson
01-31-2003, 04:42 PM
The products from Iauto (DR OK Wack) are the original versions of P21S. In the USA, P21S is the name given to the whole product range whereas in the UK it only refers to the wheel cleaner. The P21S or S100 that is refered to on this site is not aviable in the UK, it can only be ordered from the US.

The Wack shampoo is very good, GEPC sounds similar to Wacks polish.

The Extra Gloss wont work to well if your going the wax way, it is designed to bond to Super Resin. BTW, you can top either Extra Gloss or Super Resin with wax.

One thing to watch for when importing is the VAT and duty.

Steven