PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna/SMR/AIO/SG/Carbon Questions

Mirakaski
01-30-2003, 03:37 PM

nate010753
01-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Is the intensive polish really necessary on a 2003 car? Seems a bit drastic to me? Why not start with the final polish and check the results if you need to go intensive then go for it. just a thought.

Kleanride
01-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Is the intensive polish really necessary on a 2003 car? Seems a bit drastic to me? Why not start with the final polish and check the results if you need to go intensive then go for it. just a thought.

Thats what I was thinking too. Seems like Final Polish OR SMR will do the trick, and go from there.....

Perhaps post some pics of what the finish looks like now....

:nixweiss

shaf
01-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Same here. It`s always best to start off mild and see how that works first, unless you`re really sure that the damage is that bad...

I have no idea how Menzerna products work, but the Final Polish should probably be coupled with a white polishing pad (this is CMA right?) and not a grey finishing pad if it is used. Also, I`d wonder if SMR and Final Polish would have overlappling functions here and you could use one or the other and not bother with both.

Don`t forget to apply at least 2 or 3 coats of Klasse SG too.

F 355
01-30-2003, 07:32 PM
4DSC - See my New Menzerna thread below..

What is strange as heck is that CMA says to use a yellow pad with the final polish. I too thought that was too course and went with a yellow. Did not like results.

DavidB said to use a gray....yes, the softer pad....and it worked to my satisfaction.

To the original questions.... I got killer results with the following:

Meg DACP with Yellow Pad

Menz Intense - Orange Pad

3M SMR - White Pad

Menz Final - Grey Pad

The results will blow you away!

The original trial was..Menz Intense with Orange Pad, then Menz Final with White Pad. Did not like it so went back with SMR to "undo" Menz Final. Got DavidB`s message and went back with the grey pad on the Menz Final....so the SMR may be redunant.

:cool:

Mirakaski
01-31-2003, 08:09 AM

shaf
01-31-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mirakaski

Since my car is new and has just light swirling, should I use Meg DACP or Menzerna Intensive???? Or should I just start out with SMR and Final and go from there?? How "bad" swirls are is an in-person judgement call. See the first line of my last post. :)

nate010753
02-02-2003, 02:09 PM
F355

with this plan

Meg DACP with Yellow Pad

Menz Intense - Orange Pad

3M SMR - White Pad

Menz Final - Grey Pad

It seems to me that there is some overlapping here

If you are going to use the Menz products they will remove the swirls as CMA states they are pure polished that will remove swirls making the 3M SMR pointless IMO.

Have you tried leaving out the 3M SMR and weren`t happy with the results? Just curious why the benefit of SMR is?