PDA

View Full Version : ClearKote goodies...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

domZ'sp5
01-30-2003, 01:44 PM
I received my package from ClearKote Wed. and went to work.

I called them to order a gal of the QuikShine and some Vanilla Moose Wax and ended up ordering the "Show Package" which had 1 gal of the QS, a 16 oz. of Van. Moose Wax and Moose Wax, 4 oz. Metal Polish, 16 oz. Vinyl/Leather dressing, 16 oz. Car Wash and an empty 16 oz. spray bottle for the QS-total shipped to my house=$63.00.(I will post photo of package contents later)

After a QEW wash ( the more i use QEW the more I like it) I began with the Van Moose-easy to use-removed very easy. Used a PC to apply with CMA orange pad set at about 3 or 31/2. (I think I shoud have used a faster speed, but I am learning...) Left finish slick and very wet looking. My car, classic red Mazda protege5, is fairly new, bought it in Aug. 2002 so I had a few light swirl marks to deal with. Van. Moose took care of most of them. As I look at the car in the sunlight this morning I can see about half of the swirls are gone. (I wonder if a faster speed on the PC would have helped?)

Proceeded to apply the Moose wax next-once again-easy to use. Went on smooth, came off w/o powder or problems. Left a nice deep, refletive shine.

Topped it w/a spritz of the QS and mf wipe after finishing.

Now so far I have used #7 and #26 in combo and s100 paint cleaner and s100 in combo on this car...the Moose Wax combo plus the QS has left the most reflective shine. The interesting thing about the reflective shine is the color reflects back in a "truer?" color. Blue reflects back in the true blue color it is.. .a real "mirror-like" finish. Does that make sense?

The other combos have great reflections, but not as "true" as the Moose Wax combo.

I will post pictures of this later today-I hope my cheapy digital cam will pick this up.

In my somewhat limited experiece I like these products a lot. Good value, lots of products for 63 bucks and good quality results:xyxthumbs

I love it when my car is so slick and smooth that I can`t keep my hands off it-feels so good:p

...Almost as good as s...well you know the rest.

dom Z

imported_Luster
01-30-2003, 04:24 PM
I love it when my car is so slick and smooth

My favorite test, when I am completely done with my polishing (including glass), is to hold a cotton towel about 24" dead-center on the top of my roof and drop it.

If I have done a really good job.....It will slide all the way down the roof, rear glass, trunk lid and flip right off the spoiler onto the ground!..............

That is so COOL............:cool:

(Like all you guys, my wife thinks I have lost it.)

Bill

2wheelsx2
01-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Luster

That is so COOL............:cool:

(Like all you guys, my wife thinks I have lost it.)

Bill

Bwhahahahahahaha!

Cool test though.

domZ'sp5
01-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Left to right: QuikShine, Gal and Spray bottle(mine), Moose Wax, Vanilla Moose, Car Wash, Metal polish, Vinyl/Leather cond., the spray bottle ClearKote sent.

domZ'sp5
01-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Not a well-lit garage w/cheapy digital cam.

Nice reflection though...

domZ'sp5
01-30-2003, 06:54 PM
In sunlight, on driveway. Color of car not exactly true, but can you see what I mean by "true" color reflection?

Maybe the hood shot is better for that...

Redcar GUY
01-30-2003, 06:59 PM
nice pics:xyxthumbs

AMP01
01-30-2003, 07:40 PM
Very shiny! :xyxthumbs I really like the garage reflection pic as well as the outdoor reflection pic. Thanks for sharing the report on ClearKote products.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

imported_memnuts
01-31-2003, 10:00 AM
Really nice pixs.

Pats300zx
01-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Awesome..looks fantastic..:xyxthumbs

Thomasfl
01-31-2003, 02:03 PM
Nice job!

Thanks for the review of that package, for $63 it sounds like a great deal with a lot of quality.

Scottwax
01-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Great review.

My impression of Vanilla Moose is that it is every bit as good a final polish prior to waxing as S100 SEPC. Same super reflective shine and slick feeling. I was quite pleased with Moose Wax too. Looks great on black:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878540i.jpg

The Moose Wax/Quikshine combo did wonders for a 5 year old car.

imported_memnuts
02-01-2003, 08:42 AM
...raising the benchmark of ultra-detailing to a higher level with that picture.:xyxthumbs :wavey

vmunoz
02-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Awesome shine on your hood.....I really like that reflection. :D

Have you had a chance to try out the vinyl/leather spray yet?

Also....how did you come across that package/deal? I don`t see it on their webpage.

Great pixs thou............. V :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Ktulu
02-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by vmunoz

Awesome shine on your hood.....I really like that reflection. :D

Have you had a chance to try out the vinyl/leather spray yet?

Also....how did you come across that package/deal? I don`t see it on their webpage.

Great pixs thou............. V :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

It is under the "Clearkote Specials" tab near the top:up

And Scott-Would it be good idea to apply vanilla moose after SMR. Or, should their be something applied between the two?