PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to order the MF Applicators - alternatives?

chris57
01-30-2003, 12:30 PM
I just placed my order with CMA. Got the polishing kit for the PC, MF towels, Klasse Twins and PS21. Of course, I forgot something - the MF applicators to apply the Klasse twins.

I have never done the Klasse thing before (being a Zaino man, I think my blood type is Z2).

The order should be here within a day. I would prefer not to wait for another order to come in.

I reviewed archives but it seems that the majority of recommendations point to MF applicators.

What is the best alternative to MF applicators for Klasse AIO/SG?

Can I buy them locally at Pep boys or something?

Thanks!

2wheelsx2
01-30-2003, 12:43 PM
I think you`ll find that some people use the MF applicators because they come with the Klasse kit from CMA, and others use straight foam applicators they have already.

Check out this thread: AIO Application (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6038&highlight=Klasse+application)

CharlesW
01-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Wal*Mart has Meguiar`s foam applicators, 2 for $1.67, in my area. The Viking with the `doorknob" handle also is a good foam applicator. About $2 at AutoZone.

I happen to use foam for everything, including Klasse AIO, so I have no idea about MF applicators.

Charles:wavey

imported_Intermezzo
01-30-2003, 01:49 PM
The Viking "door-knob" applicators work great with Klasse. When used with AIO, it provides a small amount of extra `polishing` power and does a great job of clearing up any `hazing` caused by previous prep work-work (i.e. from swirl-removers, compounds, etc).

shaf
01-30-2003, 04:37 PM
LOL, so now instead of just being called the Viking applicators they shall now henceforth be known as the "Viking doorknob applicators". Okay! :D (This is your doing Charles.) ;)

Another alternative applicator if you want a good grip on it and be able to apply some polishing power is the Eagle One Express-It applicator. It`s a roughly palm-shaped plastic grip with a foam pad glued to it. A bit pricier and be careful about the plastic grip, but they have their uses.