PDA

View Full Version : Globe and Mail detailing article

imported_edschwab1
01-30-2003, 01:37 AM
Here is an article I found in the Globe and Mail.

A couple of quote from the article:

"There`s a peace of mind that people get from locking themselves in the garage when the weather is bad outside, turning on music, and cleaning the car."

Barry Meguiar

"...there`s nothing like the lingering odour of Armor-All"

"If you are one of the clean-car cultists who can`t get enough of that high-wax shine, you might have got lucky this Christmas. "

Globe and mail Article (http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/PEstory/TGAM/20030111/STCLEA/Style/style/style_temp/9/9/13/)

Eric

iceman
01-30-2003, 01:51 AM
I think this guy has been stiffing too much Armor All himself to mention it in such high regard!:D

Taxlady
01-30-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by ejant

$400 for the full Monty :scared sounds kinda steep. But that`s U$262.76 at yesterday`s closing rate ;)

Nagchampa
01-30-2003, 02:41 AM
I actually see the value of such articles. Although not entirely correct, it does raise the awareness level of non-detailers which in turn brings business to professional detailers. I figure there are a few people out there who may decide to have their vehicle detailed now that they read about it in the Globe.

Chuckmotor
01-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Kind of a related note, whenever I go out of the country I notice that a greater percentage of the cars look freshly detailed. Particularly the Carribean areas, people seem to invest more into their car`s appearance (maybe also regular maintance, but I don`t know).