PDA

View Full Version : Case for PC

Scott P
01-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Has anyone purchased the case for the Porter Cable? I inquired the website and was given a part number. I called the 888 number I was given and asked about pricing. They didnt have any in stock, but can order one for $25 bucks or so. The only picture of a case I could find was the one that comes witht he 7336 with dust collection.

Anyone order part number 892163 and get the case? It looks to be a metal case like many of the other tools made by PC come in.

samiam513
01-29-2003, 05:40 PM
I made mine out of wood. Measured te PC, then made a case just a hair bigger. The extra room on all sides is where i put my cord. Worked great until it got hit by an expedition (pc not in at the time). Now I am going to make another, only this time I will stain it. :-)

Pats300zx
01-29-2003, 06:38 PM
$10.00 for me. Just got a plastic tool box at Home Depot. Got rid of the tray. The PC and all accessories fit in their perfect.

shaf
01-29-2003, 08:51 PM
I did the same as Pat. The only drawback is that you have to unscrew the handle to make it fit, but not the pad. I`m thinking of cutting up some soft foam and gluing it in so it makes a kind of rest for the PC.