PDA

View Full Version : Non Slippery Vinyl Protectant?

CharlesW
01-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Has anyone found a vinyl protectant that isn`t slippery? It would be for use on a motorcycle seat and slippery is not a good thing.

Charles

F1Crazy
01-28-2003, 04:38 PM
You can`t go wrong with 303 Aerospace Protectant, I use it on my car`s leather seats and they never felt slippery.

SVR
01-29-2003, 04:22 AM
Omikron Fantastik plastic

Valvoline Tyre Shine (aerosol)

BlackFlash
01-29-2003, 01:44 PM
303 Aerospace is a good choice. Also Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Protectant is a good choice.

2wheelsx2
01-29-2003, 01:46 PM
I wouldn`t actually use any protectant on the seat. You might get an unexpected slip and it just isn`t worth it. I would rather just keep the seat as clean as possible and then re-upholster when needed. You can get a kit from Sargents to do it yourself and it`ll look great and be cheap.

shaf
01-29-2003, 02:32 PM
I`m not sure I would use anything (even 303) either. I don`t have a motorcycle, but I lightly applied 303 to my car`s pedals once and soon after drove with damp shoe soles.... Let me tell you it`s no good for the clutch or car when you suddenly pop it like that! :eek:

raudiaudi
01-31-2003, 04:32 PM
I don`t think Lexol Vinylex is all that slippery. Harly Polyguard is another one that is not too bad.

The trick with Lexol is to apply one day, and then before driving it the next day, wipe with a damp cloth. That should work well.

Sorry if I`m repeating advice previously given, i`m new here.

Idrops
01-31-2003, 04:38 PM
303ing my leather seats feels like a slip n slide for weeks. I would avoid 303 for this application.

Lowejackson
01-31-2003, 05:20 PM
Given that someones life is at risk, I would wipe down with a damp MF towel and then buff with a dry one.

Or if your going to use 303, use only a small amount and then buff very well.

Steven

CharlesW
01-31-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

Given that someones life is at risk, I would wipe down with a damp MF towel and then buff with a dry one.

Given that someone is me, I tend to agree.

What I was concerned with in wanting some sort of protectant was to prolong the life of the seat itself. It appears that in doing so, I may very well shorten my own life to the extent that the condition of the seat will no longer be of any concern to me.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and input, I think maybe I will just skip the protectant idea. :)

Charles :wavey

F1Crazy
01-31-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Idrops

303ing my leather seats feels like a slip n slide for weeks. I would avoid 303 for this application.

I never had any problems.:nixweiss

Maybe you`re using too much?

I apply 303 with foam applicator, let it completely dry and wipe with slightly damp MF towel. Black leather on my BMW is rather matte and it stays this way after the 303, that`s the way I like it.

old_gonzo
02-01-2003, 10:25 AM
I was going to say the same thing - no protectant on a motorcycle seat please. :down Even 303 would be likely to give you a ride that you may never forget. :scared