PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to use a MF towel to wash the car with?

imported_Faceman
01-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone uses a Mf towel to wash their car with, as opposed to drying it with.

Is it safe to do, or am I best to use a wash mitt?

Also, what car wash do you use?

Many thanks,

face

SergC
01-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi Faseman !

It IS safe to use a MF towel as a wash mitt.

I use DF towel ( both sides are plush ).www.DominiqueFranceMotorsports.com

The other choice would be the MF towel (both sides plush) from www.Premiumautocare.com :up

Lowejackson
01-27-2003, 03:53 PM
There is a risk with washing with an MF towel and that is the fibres will cling onto dirt and grit. Therefore you run the risk of adding minor scratches. Far easier to use a normal mitt.

Steven

imported_BretFraz
01-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Sure, its safe. But most of us prefer a wash mitt with more nap to hold dirt and car wash solution. Consider using a 100% cotton chenille mitt or a pure lambwool wash mitt.

As for car wash shampoos there are plenty of good choices. Many use Meguiars Gold Class shampoo as it is widely available. Eagle One Wet shampoo is very good. And then there are the shampoos that are part of a car care system, like Zaino, Blackfire, P21S, etc. You can use those apart from their other products if you like but that isn`t very cost effective.

Look for shampoos at auto parts stores from Meguiars, Mothers, Eagle One and you`ll be fine.

Lemonxxs
01-28-2003, 10:45 AM
YOsteve has stated on here about his foaming dispenser and MF towel wash routine......search for that kinda interesting...

they also make MF mitts which have more nap then a normal Mf towel......

As always care must be taken as washing is most likely the time to cause a swirl.....

imported_Kyle
01-28-2003, 12:36 PM
where can I get or where did you get good 100% cotton chenille mitt or a pure lambwool wash mitt? I wanna replace my cotton app pad.