PDA

View Full Version : EF Black Opal

Pages : [1] 2

jw
01-27-2003, 12:15 AM
I looked through the archives and couldn`t find a definitive answer on this product. I like a really shiny look, but i don`t want my tires to turn brown and i don`t want any sling off. Is this product for me? I`ve been using vinlex on my tires and have pretty happy because it doesn`t sling off. I have noticed that it doesn`t last all that long.

Thanks

stoneweed1
01-27-2003, 01:34 AM
i have a bottle of the black opal....its pretty good, however there are a few negatives.

i comes in a bottle spray and they want you to spray and leave it on the tires.

the chemical is a clear slightly less viscous than syrup that you spray on the tires and it slides down. it takes alot of spray to evenly cover the tire. you could take a sponge and saturate it and wipe it, however i`ve never done that.

i leave it on for a few hours and then i took a towel and wiped off the excess. You have to wipe it down to prevent the sling off and it does last, and no browning that i`ve noticed.

stoneweed1
01-27-2003, 01:39 AM
here is another pic of the black opal

wizardofahs
01-27-2003, 01:41 AM
there is also a gel version out now. I`d highly recomend it. I used it on the caddie last week and tonight they really looked good. Just that perfect shade of black.

Chuckmotor
01-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by stoneweed1

here is another pic of the black opal

Is that your car stoneweed? What an amazing car, I love that thing. It`s very muscular looking, and it`s especially great because BMW built it purely for driving pleasure.

old_gonzo
01-28-2003, 08:24 AM
I have a bottle of the EF Black Opal; used it once and it remains on the shelf untouched since then. :down I found it to be very oily/greasy, very similar to baby oil.

It`s not my cup of tea. Vinylex is a better choice.

jr weeks
01-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Purchased some EF B/O last year and found it to be a "ghetto" type shine, and messy to use. Not my cup of tea either.

If you like your tires REALLY shiny, you`ll like it, just make certain you wipe them after the product soaks in.

stoneweed1
01-28-2003, 05:17 PM
yeah, thats my car....its a really fun car but its hibernating for the winter cuz of the salt/rock chips flying all over the place.

the EF Black Opal is ghetto. the longer you leave it on, the "shinier it gets", but you can just wipe it off sooner. Application is messy and its very slippery. I put on that Ghetto Shine and I got some "BIG UPS" from my posse. Know what i`m sayin`? i don`t care about it being Ghettolicious, cuz after all, i am half black (from the waist down YO!)!

i use it cuz i have it, but i wouldn`t buy it again. www.properautocare.com is informative, but alot of hype and stories behind alot of their products. the owner likes to drink merlot when he details and calls it "therapy".......imagine that. but they do offer alot of education and good info along with the propaganda.

Chuckmotor
01-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by stoneweed1

yeah, thats my car....its a really fun car but its hibernating for the winter cuz of the salt/rock chips flying all over the place.

Lucky guy. Do you ever get any crap about it being ugly? I personally think it`s a beautiful car, but there are those who disagree. Even though I like it, I can see where people might not like it`s styling... unlike the new Z4 where I can`t see where the controversy is.

the EF Black Opal is ghetto. the longer you leave it on, the "shinier it gets", but you can just wipe it off sooner. Application is messy and its very slippery. I put on that Ghetto Shine and I got some "BIG UPS" from my posse. Know what i`m sayin`? i don`t care about it being Ghettolicious, cuz after all, i am half black (from the waist down YO!)!

hmmm... I guess that`s allowed, puerile it may be...

i use it cuz i have it, but i wouldn`t buy it again. www.properautocare.com is informative, but alot of hype and stories behind alot of their products. the owner likes to drink merlot when he details and calls it "therapy".......imagine that. but they do offer alot of education and good info along with the propaganda.

I believe it`s called marketing.

BlackFlash
01-29-2003, 01:47 PM
I`ve tried the Black opal, but prefer the gel version Black Sapphire. Get the applicators. You`ll need them.

On black, shiny tires are the best. Makes the entire car stand out.

stoneweed1
01-29-2003, 02:12 PM
I haven`t gotten any crap about it, just alot of stares and looks. i have noticed that everyone wants to race me when i drive it. chicks love it.

evensteven
01-29-2003, 02:26 PM
cma selling propaganda....i knew it....first that town wins the super bowl ...

stop the world ...i got to get off!

BlackFlash
01-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by evensteven

cma selling propaganda....i knew it....first that town wins the super bowl ...

stop the world ...i got to get off!

SEE YA!!!!:sosad

Zealot
01-29-2003, 06:22 PM
stoneweed1, could you put a warning the next time you post a pic of your car? I now have to wipe my keyboard off:D That`s one fine looking machine you have there:xyxthumbs

Chuckmotor
01-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Ok, last time, I promise...

Your car is AMAZING!!!!

...ok, hopefully I got it out of my system.